Moto license plate cost 110 cc for foreigner

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Moto license plate cost 110 cc for foreigner

Post by Patcan »

Is the cost the same for a Cambodian?
The Mrs. is telling me it is 115$ for a foreigner....
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Moto license plate cost 110 cc for foreigner

Post by Patcan »

She is saying 120$ now.... And only 20$ for a Cambodian...
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Cost me $100 for Vehicle Identification Card in my name. Some places I went to wanted $150.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Patcan wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:36 am Is the cost the same for a Cambodian?
The Mrs. is telling me it is 115$ for a foreigner....
In some places they refuse to issue them for foreigners.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

But to answer your question, yes, it is apparently cheaper for a Cambodian. The girl at the dealership asked me why I don't put it in my girlfriends name. I told her I wanted it in my name in case I got stopped by the police.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Kenr wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:14 pm But to answer your question, yes, it is apparently cheaper for a Cambodian. The girl at the dealership asked me why I don't put it in my girlfriends name. I told her I wanted it in my name in case I got stopped by the police.
What would happen if you get stopped by the police and it's in your girlfriend's name?

Couldn't she give you a copy of her ID card, write something to the effect of "Mr Kenr is allowed to ride around town on my motorbike" in Khmer on it and sign it?
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Alex wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:38 pm
Kenr wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:14 pm But to answer your question, yes, it is apparently cheaper for a Cambodian. The girl at the dealership asked me why I don't put it in my girlfriends name. I told her I wanted it in my name in case I got stopped by the police.
What would happen if you get stopped by the police and it's in your girlfriend's name?

Couldn't she give you a copy of her ID card, write something to the effect of "Mr Kenr is allowed to ride around town on my motorbike" in Khmer on it and sign it?
Yeah, something like that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic