Just scammed by Andrew Pike

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Just scammed by Andrew Pike

Post by Soriya »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:21 am
Soriya wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:26 am Just for info, pike was walking around riverside the other day, not looking very healthy.

That could be one of around 2500 western guys ages 50+ in Phnom Penh - even if it is Pike it looks like your potato needs an upgrade

It was sent to me by a friend who said he just talked to a weird aussie guy, but it appears to be pike.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Soriya wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:42 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:21 am
Soriya wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:26 am Just for info, pike was walking around riverside the other day, not looking very healthy.

That could be one of around 2500 western guys ages 50+ in Phnom Penh - even if it is Pike it looks like your potato needs an upgrade

It was sent to me by a friend who said he just talked to a weird aussie guy, but it appears to be pike.
In Phnom Penh? He's not in Siem Reap anymore? That might be an important piece of information for the immigration police squad.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Soriya wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:42 am It was sent to me by a friend who said he just talked to a weird aussie guy, but it appears to be pike.
But, were there any distinguishing characteristics?
Nobby Stiles
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Nobby Stiles »

@kateP don’t feel too downhearted about your oversight I’ve heard there’s one born every minute!
Take a few deep breaths, learn from it, move on. Flying off the handle and asking people what level of thick they’re in only your third response isn’t a good approach especially here in Cambodia, the guy was trying to explain how things work here through experience which you should already know if you live here?

You checked the scammers credentials after you sent the money, you gave it to him!
That’s a pretty high level of thick right there!

Anyway if your blunder can once again expose him and lead to an
arrest that $300 you sent to a dubious website/link just to save a few quid will seem like money well spent! More like a bargain if he gets done for fiddling with kids!
Ubbirubi
Tourist
Australia

Post by Ubbirubi »

Andrew pike was my step dad, he destroyed many lives, including his children, family and extended family. I still have nightmares. Hopefully cancer takes him.
Ubbirubi
Tourist
Australia

Post by Ubbirubi »

Doesn’t look like him
Ubbirubi
Tourist
Australia

Post by Ubbirubi »

KateP wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:53 pm Hi

I have just been scammed by Andrew (Drew) Pike out of $300 for medical supplies. He knows full well they were essential. I then with horror realised as I looked him up, he has a history going back decades of defrauding people.

I have contacted the federal police here, DFAT and cc'd in a media outlet. I have contacted the Australian embassy in Cambodia and the Cambodian embassy in Australia.

Can anyone provide me with an email address in Cambodia of the head of the police there or any other departments that may look into it.

He needs to be stopped. Thanks Kate

How is he still scamming! I thought he’d be dead by now????
Ubbirubi
Tourist
Australia

Post by Ubbirubi »

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

^^^
This thread is like catnip for nutters.