Self Transfer - Hand Luggage - online Check-in

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: Self Transfer - Hand Luggage - online Check-in

Post by Bongmab69 »

The transfer between KL1 and KL2 is a kind of bus-train, similar as in PAris-CDG, runs every 2 or 3 minutes, and its just a tunnel under the tarmac to the other side of the runway, takes less time in KL then a walk through Dubai-airport. Dont bather about that. The train is indeed to Central-station in KL, wich takes if i remeber good +30 minutes and costed soemthing like 20 dollar, hardly cheaper then a Grab !! Did several transfers in KL during the years, but all internatioanal-ones, even with 30 minutes layover, and was in time. Once my luggage wasnt in time and had the choice to wait 7 hours or they would bring my luggage the day after to my hotel here in PNH, what they did !! Cant complain about KL at all !!
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Self Transfer - Hand Luggage - online Check-in

Post by Matty9999 »

AM34 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:31 am AFIAK, Batik flies out of KLIA1, (while AirAsia is always KLIA2) so you'll have to go landside and take the train between terminals. Would think 1.5 hours is enough, but tight.
Agree, i got stuck at immigration in KL, just a big line of people waiting to get stamped at 10pm. mine took about 2 hours.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic