Hamas Terrorists Attack Festival in Israel and Target Civilians elsewhere in the Country

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Hamas ruins a techno festival in Israel

Post by Anchor Moy »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:47 am Even Jesus never figured out how to make a lasting peace.

His fellow Jews handed over Jesus to the Romans who then crucified him.

The original borders of Palestine/Israel were drawn in 1948 by the UN. The Israeli parts were immediately invaded. It’s originally broken into multiple non-contiguous parts, and not a physically defensible area. Like Pakistan trying to defend West Pakistan (Sri Lanka) from India.
Right, good one, NKOTB. :facepalm: Love your line of historical "facts" which start with Jesus (who?) and continue on to "Sri Lanka" ( I'm almost sure that you are thinking of what was referred to in the past as East Pakistan, now the state of Bangladesh ?)
"Fact" one is based on a person who may have existed but who knows what agenda he was pushing, and "Fact" 2 is not even a fact. These sort of 'internet statements pulled out of YA', do not IMO help to clarify the muddy political situation between Israel and Palestine.
Spoiler:
I didn't want to reply to this ie. NKOTB's stated "facts", but hey, felt I had to open my big mouth because maybe there are really people out there who believe that West Pkistan = Sri Lanka ? I dunno.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Random Dude wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:23 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:47 am
Random Dude wrote:
"The problem is peace. If both sides integrated into one society, there would peace.
"

The way you explain it... such a simple solution, I'm not sure how nobody thought of it before. Now if you could just explain how that might be done I'm sure your Nobel Peace Prize will be in the mail within the week. :facepalm:
Even Jesus never figured out how to make a lasting peace.

The original borders of Palestine/Israel were drawn in 1948 by the UN. The Israeli parts were immediately invaded. It’s originally broken into multiple non-contiguous parts, and not a physically defensible area. Like Pakistan trying to defend West Pakistan (Sri Lanka) from India.

It’s even more indefensible when all its neighbors want to invade.

Can the UN mandate Iran from stop chanting death to Israel and stop arming suicide bombers?
Yes, that was my point.

Saying everyone should just live together peacefully is a great idea, but it's not that simple.
Northern Ireland managed it.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

IraHayes wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:27 am
Random Dude wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:23 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:47 am
Random Dude wrote:
"The problem is peace. If both sides integrated into one society, there would peace.
"

The way you explain it... such a simple solution, I'm not sure how nobody thought of it before. Now if you could just explain how that might be done I'm sure your Nobel Peace Prize will be in the mail within the week. :facepalm:
Even Jesus never figured out how to make a lasting peace.

It’s even more indefensible when all its neighbors want to invade.

Can the UN mandate Iran from stop chanting death to Israel and stop arming suicide bombers?
Yes, that was my point.

Saying everyone should just live together peacefully is a great idea, but it's not that simple.
Northern Ireland managed it.
Hmmmm.
It would not take much to derail it, I think. Though, the longer it stays that way, the better, and more likely to remain.
I don’t believe it is a good comparison or benchmark, though.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

IraHayes wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:27 am Northern Ireland managed it.

Ireland is a lot more homogeneous ethnically and culturally than Israel/Palestine.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Gary Small
Expatriate

Post by Gary Small »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:56 am
IraHayes wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:27 am Northern Ireland managed it.

Ireland is a lot more homogeneous ethnically and culturally than Israel/Palestine.
Not for much longer...
Roryborealis
Expatriate

Post by Roryborealis »

HaifongWangchuck wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:51 pm Meanwhile...Jewish supremacists are really letting the mask slip off (a very small sampling of what they're saying on Twitter rn):

It's extremely hard to sympathise with a people with such genocidal intent in their hearts.
"A people" is plural, actually. Made up of multiple, distinct individuals. Each with one's own heart, literally. Separate human beings do not share a heart, you "apparatchik" of the "Anglosphere." Your racist generalizations just spew endlessly, without end. Smug, creepy murder advocate.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Roryborealis wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:01 am "A people" is plural, actually. Made up of multiple, distinct individuals. Each with one's own heart, literally. Separate human beings do not share a heart, you "apparatchik" of the "Anglosphere." Your racist generalizations just spew endlessly, without end. Smug, creepy murder advocate.
Not really.

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/20 ... cans-07-2/
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

"Caring about Israel" is a very vague parameter.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Big Daikon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:38 am
Roryborealis wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:01 am "A people" is plural, actually. Made up of multiple, distinct individuals. Each with one's own heart, literally. Separate human beings do not share a heart, you "apparatchik" of the "Anglosphere." Your racist generalizations just spew endlessly, without end. Smug, creepy murder advocate.
Not really.

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/20 ... cans-07-2/
Probably 10 out of 10 Palestinian's in the USA would say the same about Palestine. Has there been any research so we can compare the difference. Lets be fair about this and get the view from both sides.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic