Hamas Terrorists Attack Festival in Israel and Target Civilians elsewhere in the Country

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Hamas ruins a techno festival in Israel

Post by crob »

Big Daikon wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:06 pm
crob wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:50 amattacking a music festival.
Not anything but that! Seriously, does the nature of the festival matter?
as i said above, it doesn't.... when someone says festival, i hear music festival, as large part of my life in my 20s was going to music festivals.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

24 hours after the start, there still wasn't any thread on this despicable attack.

Now it's quite fun to read the outraged comments about the thread's tittle, my supposed side of the conflict, and the side taking of some, etc....

Just.sayin ^^
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Ghostwriter wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:37 pm 24 hours after the start, there still wasn't any thread on this despicable attack.

Now it's quite fun to read the outraged comments about the thread's tittle, my supposed side of the conflict, and the side taking of some, etc....

Just.sayin ^^
There was one around 29 hours ago created by the diminutive Gary - but it was swiftly nixed because of the content of it's single post, I would guess
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Ghostwriter wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:37 pm 24 hours after the start, there still wasn't any thread on this despicable attack.

Just.sayin ^^
If you're talking about me, I wasn't outraged. I just thought that given the number of young people now known to have been killed, the title hag become grossly inappropriate and flippant. If I had posted it I would be quietly asking a mod to do the decent thing and spare my blushes.

If you're happy to have your name attached to it forever, and enjoy what you perceive as outrage, well, what can I say? See you next Tuesday.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Feel free to modify the title, i have no problem with that !
" Palestine Vs Israel, what side are you ? " felt a bit deja-vu ^...
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:50 pm

Just.sayin ^^
There was one around 29 hours ago created by the diminutive Gary - but it was swiftly nixed because of the content of it's single post, I would guess
Missed that.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

I have read that Israel was making peace negotiations with Saudi Arabia, and the Palestinians were left out of the mix. This was a play from the Palestinian factions to derail the negotiations. What a horrible situation this is. Deaths, hostages, people living their daily lives in fear.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I wouldn’t discount some Iranian* involvement, too. Just to keep attention and resources split for other interested parties.

*and some.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

It’s hard to have peace when your neighbor claims you stole their land and wants you dead. In fact, all your neighbors want you dead. Just like the madman who has a final solution. Which is why Israel was created in the first place. To give the Jews a fighting to chance to live. If they hadn’t fought since day one (and are still fighting), they would have all died a long time ago. Not fighting and getting a participation medal isn’t an option for them.

I hope they all find peace someday.

Yes, the Iron Dome was beaten with saturation attacks. And did anyone expect Israel not to respond after an enemy kills so many of its people? Hamas kills Jews and Arab alike. Israeli orthodox and Palestinian Israeli both died.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:08 pm It’s hard to have peace when your neighbor claims you stole their land and wants you dead. In fact, all your neighbors want you dead. Just like the madman who has a final solution. Which is why Israel was created in the first place. To give the Jews a fighting to chance to live. If they hadn’t fought since day one (and are still fighting), they would have all died a long time ago. Not fighting and getting a participation medal isn’t an option for them.

I hope they all find peace someday.

Yes, the Iron Dome was beaten with saturation attacks. And did anyone expect Israel not to respond after an enemy kills so many of its people? Hamas kills Jews and Arab alike. Israeli orthodox and Palestinian Israeli both died.
Yeah, Cyprus and some parts of Egypt were among locations mooted to become Israel

This conflict will never end. Both sides are right both sides are wrong. On balance Israel far more wrong than the people whose lands they steal and who they force to live in ghettos and poverty over the past 75 years or so, but the whole stinking mess is just fucking disgusting, in my opinion

I know people who live in the areas that were attacked yesterday, it's not easy to reconcile idealistic beliefs with the reality of acting those beliefs being attacking civilians and partygoers.

If anything this mess will make Israel grow bigger
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic