Cambodian-American Man Sought in Phnom Penh Murder Case

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambodian-American Man Sought in Phnom Penh Murder Case

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): On the morning of February 27, 2023, Phnom Penh Serious Criminal Police sent the following suspect before the Phnom Penh Munipal Court to answer to charges of murdering a 38-year-old woman.
Mr. Song Bunnarith, Investigating Judge of the Phnom Penh Municipal Court, then proceeded to question Mr Moulnet alias MOUL NEATH KARL, male, 70 years old, Cambodian-American, holding a US passport, born in Ovulok commune, Srok district, Ang Snoul, Kandal Province, presently living at 46C, Concrete Road, Trapeang Thleung 1 Village, Sangkat Choam Chao 1, Khan Por Senchey, Phnom Penh.

After questioning the suspect, the investigating judge decided to detain him in custody pending trial. He is charged with the premeditated murder of his common-law wife, Keo Sreymom, at house number A11, concrete road, Chak Chrouk village, Sangkat Samrong Krom, Khan Por Senchey, Phnom Penh, on February 24, 2023. The accused has told police that he was not legally married to the victim, as he has a legal wife in the United States; however, he supported her financially as his concubine or second wife.

In accordance with the provisions of Article 200 of the Penal Code, the accused risks a penalty of life imprisonment if found guilty of premeditated murder. The accused denies that he intended to kill the victim.
More details to follow.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodian American man allegedly confesses to murdering woman over $18,000 debt
Moul Net, 68, is accused of killing Keo Srey Mom, 38, in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, on Feb. 24 during an argument over money
Michelle De Pacina
February 28, 2023
A Cambodian American man was taken into custody for the alleged murder of a woman during an argument over money.

Moul Net, 68, is accused of killing Keo Srey Mom, 38, at Chak Chrouk village in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, on Feb. 24.

According to the victim’s mother, she heard a heated argument between her daughter and Net before she witnessed the man leave the house on his motorcycle.

Mom’s nephew later found her unconscious in the bathroom. When he reportedly tried to wake her, he discovered that she was dead.

Net, who fled the crime scene, was arrested while attempting to take a taxi to Bangkok.

He was taken into custody by Thai authorities and handed over to the Cambodian authorities at the Klong Leuk-Poipet international border gate.

During his interrogation, Net reportedly stated that the murdered woman was his mistress, whom he had an argument with over a debt of $18,000.

Net claimed that Mom attacked him with a knife.

She just wielded a knife in front of me, I said ‘stop, do not let go,’ and she just took a knife in front of me, I got up and I grabbed her from behind and she bowed…trying to stab me, I pulled her hand…so that the knife would fall, and I shouted for help.

I asked her where the money was, she ran, but I grabbed her hand to talk, she ran into the room, and I pushed the door, she ran down to the second staircase, she fell. I pulled her to the bathroom and I left the house and went.

Net is currently detained in prison. If he is found guilty of criminal offenses punishable under Cambodia’s Article 200 of the Penal Code, he will be imprisoned for life.
https://nextshark.com/cambodian-america ... g-mistress
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

rogerrabbit wrote:Most likely the translation just fucked up by CEO "news reporter" like most of the times are. I think google translate is used.
CEO News translates stuff directly from Khmer, not google translate.

What you a reading is what the Khmer news report actually says. This is the way Khmer express themselves.

As opposed to whatever your imagination is.

He’s doing a good job.

Please go back to your google translate that you admire so much.

Sorry for showing such anger. Some members apparently don’t appreciate the valuable hard work others do.
Jin
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Jin »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:26 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:19 pm UPDATE
The husband is Suspect N°1
Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): At 11:30 am on February 24, 2023, at a flat in Chak Chrouk village, Sangkat Samrong Krom, Khan Po Senchey, Phnom Penh, Keo Sreymom, a 38-year-old woman was beaten, electrocuted, and killed. The victim was from Pursat province and ran a beauty salon at her home.
Latest news reports say that the husband of the victim tried to remove the body from the scene by stuffing it into a suitcase, but he was unsuccessful, and he panicked and drove away on his motorbike. He has still not been apprehended by police.
The body of the deceased woman has been sent to her family in Pursat for funeral rites. There is a nationwide police alert to track down and detain the woman's husband on charges of murder.
I knew the victim and the accused; they used have a salon and a shop behind psar teuk thlaa near the phum 100 pteah behind Toyota dealership when my family lived there. My partner used get her hair done by the victim and we went to their shop to change the 20l water bottles every other day for years, she's friends with my wife's family. Very sad ending

Crazy MFer
Apologies to everyone for resurrecting this dead thread, but I'm one of the descendants this dirtbag left behind. I haven't spoken to him in six years and I honestly didn't care if he was dead or alive, but someone mentioned in passing this morning that I should Google his name, then low and behold, I've arrived at this juncture.

I created this account so I could send a private message to you, but apparently new users can't message other users, assumingly for reasons of spam, so I had no choice but to create a post in here. In your post, you said the victim is friends with your wife's family and if this is a true statement, I was wondering if you could pass their contact information off to me via PM because if his children are now orphans, I feel somewhat obligated to make an attempt at contacting my potential siblings and possibly provide financial support in the future if I'm able.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Jin wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:29 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:26 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:19 pm UPDATE
The husband is Suspect N°1
Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): At 11:30 am on February 24, 2023, at a flat in Chak Chrouk village, Sangkat Samrong Krom, Khan Po Senchey, Phnom Penh, Keo Sreymom, a 38-year-old woman was beaten, electrocuted, and killed. The victim was from Pursat province and ran a beauty salon at her home.
Latest news reports say that the husband of the victim tried to remove the body from the scene by stuffing it into a suitcase, but he was unsuccessful, and he panicked and drove away on his motorbike. He has still not been apprehended by police.
The body of the deceased woman has been sent to her family in Pursat for funeral rites. There is a nationwide police alert to track down and detain the woman's husband on charges of murder.
I knew the victim and the accused; they used have a salon and a shop behind psar teuk thlaa near the phum 100 pteah behind Toyota dealership when my family lived there. My partner used get her hair done by the victim and we went to their shop to change the 20l water bottles every other day for years, she's friends with my wife's family. Very sad ending

Crazy MFer
Apologies to everyone for resurrecting this dead thread, but I'm one of the descendants this dirtbag left behind. I haven't spoken to him in six years and I honestly didn't care if he was dead or alive, but someone mentioned in passing this morning that I should Google his name, then low and behold, I've arrived at this juncture.

I created this account so I could send a private message to you, but apparently new users can't message other users, assumingly for reasons of spam, so I had no choice but to create a post in here. In your post, you said the victim is friends with your wife's family and if this is a true statement, I was wondering if you could pass their contact information off to me via PM because if his children are now orphans, I feel somewhat obligated to make an attempt at contacting my potential siblings and possibly provide financial support in the future if I'm able.
Sure, I'll ask her if she has any family contact & DM you if so - we moved to a different town/province six years ago from that neighborhood
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic