Retiring in Thailand video clip

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Retiring in Thailand video clip

Post by Soi Dog »

No info here you can't find elsewhere, but here is a short video explaining the gist of retirement visa requirements for Thailand.
http://www2.bangkokpost.com/vdo/thailan ... n-thailand
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Retiring in Thailand video clip

Post by phuketrichard »

Bullshit/wrong info;

Following are incorrect
1. there is NO Multiple entry tourist visa for Thailand
the most u can get in some home countries is triple which if done correctly will get you a continuous stay of up to 9 months only having to leave twice ( after 90 days and than again after 180 days) and pay an extra 1,900 after each 60 day entry ( so 3 x)

2.there is NO retirement visa issued in Thailand, it is a retirement EXTENSION to ur non O visa

3. 800,000 in thai bank for 2 months is correct for the FIRST application for extension, after that its 3 months

4. if u do get a retirement VISA outside Thailand ( which requires a medical exam and police clearance) you need leave every three months and if u do it right the visa would be good for almost 2 full years

fuck i would never hire these guys!!!!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

phuketrichard wrote:Bullshit/wrong info;

Following are incorrect
1. there is NO Multiple entry tourist visa for Thailand
the most u can get in some home countries is triple which if done correctly will get you a continuous stay of up to 9 months only having to leave twice ( after 90 days and than again after 180 days) and pay an extra 1,900 after each 60 day entry ( so 3 x)
A bit nit-picky on phrasing, aren't you. If a visa allows or even requires me to leave the country multiple times and allows me back in without needing another visa, then why isn't it correctly called a "multiple-entry visa"?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

NO Not nit picking

ur only allowed THREE entries NOT MULTIPLE TIMES

Multiple entry means u can come and go as many times when u ever u wish.

I have a 1 year retirement EXTENSION
and a 1 year multiple entry PERMIT
i can come an go as many times as i wish in that time.

this is a fucking lawyer an he cant get it fucking right :facepalm: :please:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic