Prius Didn't Fly Over Phnom Penh Flyover

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Prius Didn't Fly Over Phnom Penh Flyover

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: A man and a woman were injured yesterday evening, when they drove a Toyota Prius car into the concrete road divider on the 5th of January flyover bridge at high speed, at 1:50am on June 12, 2023, along the Russian Federation Road at the base of the bridge on the east side in Sangkat Phsar Depot 3, Khan Toul Kork. Phnom Penh.
According to witnesses at the scene, the gray Toyota Prius was hurtling along the Russian Federation Road from west to east at a high speed, when suddenly, the impact of the car hitting the stone barrier catapulted it into the air in a half-flip. The vehicle landed back on the road, but upside down.
The man and woman were taken by ambulance to a private hospital emergency unit to be treated. The local police came to the scene to organize the removal of the Prius, which will be kept at the Traffic Police Center.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Prius Didn't Fly Over Phnom Penh Flyover

Post by hanno »

I am pretty sure the whole Fast & Furious franchise happened after the director spent a few days in PP. Absolutely spectacular!
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Prius drivers are among the worst in the country

I put it down to a shitbox old Prius being the most affordable modern-ish (kinda) Toyota in Cambodia

This means that students, first time drivers, rich family brats, monks, realtors, company reps etc all drive them and smash the fuck out of them safe in the knowledge that a new secondhand door is only $50, a hood $45 etc etc out of a container from Long Beach
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Another Prius Fails Flyover Flight Test
Cambodia News,Phnom Penh: At 1:00am on September 9, 2023, a man drove a Toyota Prius at a high speed and carelessly hit the base of the Stung Meanchey flyover, causing the vehicle to overturn on Street 271 in Sangkat Stung Meanchey I, Khan Meanchey.

According to eyewitnesses, a foreign man, in a Prius with a Phnom Penh license plate number 2BF-1241, was spotted traveling along Street 271 at a fast speed. when he hit the barrier of the Stung Meanchey flyover, causing the car to overturn on the spot. The driver of the car crawled out of the vehicle and left the scene.

After the incident, the local police force cooperated with the intervention experts to measure and lift the vehicle and store it at the Land Traffic Police Office of the Phnom Penh Municipal Police Commission, waiting for the owner to come in and solve it legally later.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Newinkow
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Newinkow »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:16 pm Prius drivers are among the worst in the country

I put it down to a shitbox old Prius being the most affordable modern-ish (kinda) Toyota in Cambodia

This means that students, first time drivers, rich family brats, monks, realtors, company reps etc all drive them and smash the fuck out of them safe in the knowledge that a new secondhand door is only $50, a hood $45 etc etc out of a container from Long Beach
I think in general all drivers of asian descent are bad driver.

You correct that the Prius Hybrid are the most affordable price wise. Also being a popular car they are easy to fix (most shops can fix) and parts are readily available.

Also the other major factor, accord to my BILs, they are cheaper to operate then gas vehicles. They have 3 and are using it on the "ride" APPs.
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

Newinkow wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:29 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:16 pm Prius drivers are among the worst in the country

I think in general all drivers of asian descent are bad driver.

You correct that the Prius Hybrid are the most affordable price wise. Also being a popular car they are easy to fix (most shops can fix) and parts are readily available.

Also the other major factor, accord to my BILs, they are cheaper to operate then gas vehicles. They have 3 and are using it on the "ride" APPs.
4,759,454,445, that's a shit ton of (future) bad drivers.
Don't forget the water buffalo
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic