Is there another 'Siem Reap' out there?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Is there another 'Siem Reap' out there?

Post by crob »

maybe Hội An, though i was last there right after the covid reopening, so tourist numbers were super low
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:22 pm I like Siem Reap, despite having not lived there (yet).

One of the things I like is the availability of low-rise apartment complexes with pools and tropical gardens. I like that resort feel.

So, is there a place like Siem Reap out there, either in SE Asia, or Central/South America? Same sort of climate and vibe. A beach would be nice too (but not essential). Needs to be a place where you can live (i.e. visa availability) so you can rule out Bali/Indo.

Any of you more well-travelled guys have any tips?
Sri Lanka - Kandy

Many locations with huts in tropical gardens. A bargain at the moment due to the currency devaluation.
work is for people who cant find truffles
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Yes, there is another Siem Reap in Kandal Province. Purchased some plots of land out near there and was confused when I checked my Google Maps location 😂

https://maps.app.goo.gl/iE8k6hACSJeh7Ms4A

Not too far from the new airport.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic