If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by StroppyChops »

Bomber wrote:
StroppyChops wrote: :beer3:
Hey, you shove that beers up ure ass. Got me ?
You a spicy hansum man!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
The third man
Tourist

Post by The third man »

Nice to see all that lovin' and huggin', makes me feel just like home. :assasin:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

The third man wrote:Nice to see all that lovin' and huggin', makes me feel just like home. :assasin:
Oh, hey, Bomber brought friends! NOW it's a party.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

frank lee bent wrote:no, they had a whole thread trying to attack vlad, ken svay has a stalker, OD got a random serve, aia, GM, all attacked.
sometimes by their own, sometimes by sock/trolls.
My feud with Ken goes back about 3 years.Basically ever since I 1st started posting on K440. He started it.Now I IF I'm bored and on k440, I will call his B.S. I am neither a troll nor a sock puppet.The reason I use a new name now over there is because I was barred and my entire posting history deleted by KIR. BTW, I have only just recently started reading/posting on K440 again and by sheer circumstance, the 1st thread I read had Ken spouting the utter bullshit he is known for! Mark Latham, Ken Svay, whoever, he is a typical know-it-all wanker who actually knows fuk all :facepalm: BTW, I have no intention of bring my K440 feud with him onto this forum ( maybe.Ou to yup KS)

edited so the grammar Nazis don't burn me at the steak! ( Pun intended)
Last edited by Hotdigr on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Inter-forum relations can be lovey-dovey until CEO gets paying advertisers. Then things might really get a bit nasty between forums. K440 is still the big dog, no doubt, and will be for a long time to come. They have many loyal advertisers on board already and probably many more in queue. I hope CEO can get a growing share of this advertising market over time. Will the pie grow, or will there be a streetfight for each existing slice?

^I used to give Ken Svay quite a bit of flack also, years back when I still posted on K440, for some of the reasons you mention. But in truth, his posts are almost always interesting and he seems like quite a unique character who has lived an interesting life. His posts are leagues better than the constant drivel coming from many of their newer members.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Hotdigr wrote:
Christ, and that was AFTER the edit?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

General Mackevili wrote:
Hotdigr wrote:
Christ, and that was AFTER the edit?
:hattip:
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

It is in some way good there is a single thread on CEO to post stuff about K440 but it does not have to be all negative.

Yes, I know they send trolls, or whatever you call them but they are not sent by the Red Priests, they are just wannabe mavericks.

CEO is better than just being a protest site. I have had my share of abuse over there but it isn't an organised forum thing.

OK, continue to report the 'war crimes' but why not add the odd 'good news' story of K440?

We might just find that folk over there want the same thing and in the end our lead will just improve things for both sites.

If you are a business do you want to be the banner over the top of some of these venomous threads? I know I would not allow my company to be linked to such prepubescent behaviour.

CEO is not going anywhere, so lets just sit back and enjoy the ride

:hattip:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I've almost completely stopped posting over there now unless its got a Thai dimension where I feel I can add something, or I make the odd flippant remark. I used to have constant laugh out loud moments when I first joined but for some reason it's gone now, maybe it was KIR's biting comments after all I don't know. It just seems to be the same small group of posters. albeit more than here but in reality not that many, either carrying on petty feuds, saying the same things over and over and regurgitating the same discussions. I suppose that's the nature of forums but I think it's lost something over the last few months. Most of the threads are pretty asinine even though the occasional remark is aimed at CEO in that respect, you get the occasional goody but they are extremely few and far between now. The ones that have been liked involve the regular posters posting imaginary pictures of each other LOL. The only advantage to here is it has is a higher volume of regulars to generate more comments in a thread which obviously makes it potentially more interesting to follow, but there is a certain enjoyment some evenings sitting back and reading them going at each other's throats.

I don't contribute much in content so my comments are observations rather than any attempt to say I'm better, more intellectual or interesting than any over there which I'm obviously not because I'm on here. :D
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

I can't tell if vladimir's mega-posting over there is an asset to K440 or a liability. His bickering with Gavinmac has been going on literally for years and years, with the same exact retorts being exchanged between them now as 6 years ago. It's like watching an episode of the lame 1970's American sit-com The Odd Couple on constant replay. I suppose the rest find it endearing at this point. They have a new wave of vladimir wanna-bes,who are posting very long posts and so often that they will dethrone the posting champ in only a few years. I can't say those particular new posters are a positive addition to the site, quality-wise, although more posts = more clicks = more ad revenue, which I'm sure is nice for business. They do get tons of page views.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic