Visit report PP July 2023

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Re: Visit report PP July 2023

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

He probably goes out with a bumbag, socks pulled right up and stinking breath
sumfin smart
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:20 am
Yerg wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:57 pm I have to say that after 5 years away. My experience has been very different. Night one I decided to go out out and get it out of my system. Not once did I experience girls going after lady drinks. If anything, I’d say they were grateful of the patronage of their premise. But hey, recollections may vary. But it certainly wasn’t my experience. I’ve been in town 10 days now. And I haven’t had a single experience like OP relates. Maybe he just had a bad night. If anything, I’d say the tourist experience is far better than it ever was. Perhaps the pool is a little smaller. Home by 11’ish every night. Perhaps I didn’t stay out late enough to experience the rough end. But OP’s experience does not reflect my own.
a lot depends on ur attitude<
if your going out for Only a good time, most likely you will
if ur going out to Only find a bar girl and get laid...... OP results
I really don't see the problem. It's completely possible to go out and have a good time And find a girl to take home. You walk into a bar, perhaps 5-8 girls follow you, you select the one you fancy and wave the others away, literally, with a flick of the wrist. You buy her a drink and strike up some fashion of conversation. If you gell, then great. If it's not happening, you drink up and move on to another bar, rinse and repeat. No need for intimidation or hostility. You get to see different bars, meet different girls and generally have a laugh. Stop over-thinking it.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

fidolio - appears to be lacking basic inter=personal social skills and an inability to make friendly small talk. Probably lacking a basic sense of humor too. Sounds like a real cheap Charlie to me and devoid of any social skills. Little wonder he and the friendly Cambodian women didn't click. A smile or two goes a long way in Cambodia.

OML
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Anyone who goes to a foreign country and bitches about the natives not speaking their language or the prices of things needs to take their asses back to their own country and be miserable there.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Kenr wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:29 am Anyone who goes to a foreign country and bitches about the natives not speaking their language or the prices of things needs to take their asses back to their own country and be miserable there.
I completely agree with your statement.
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic