Bungalow in Kampot

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Bungalow in Kampot

Post by Kenr »

A few months ago me and some friends went down to Kampot and did an all-day buggy tour offered by Rush All Terrain, Kampot Adventure. During the tour we hit some really cool places, particularly a place that had some bungalows and a waterfall that two of us took a shower under to get the mud off of us. But I could not even begin to figure out the proximity of this particular place.

My question is does anyone know of any good places in Kampot that have bungalows that are next to a waterfall? I’m taking my girl next month there for a few days for her birthday and she would like that type of setting. Preferably a place that has a restaurant and bar on the premises.

And yes I have been looking and still doing research myself.

Thanks for anyone’s input.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bungalow in Kampot

Post by kgbagent »

@Kenr

Considering the location of Rush then I suspect they took you up to Veal Pouch, past the Kings supposedly fav Wat, where there a couple of newish resorts one of which is Western owned and looked like having a restaurant.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Yeah, we were all over the place. The one we stopped at had a restaurant and only had 5 or 6 bungalows but they had a bad ass stream with a smallish
waterfall but wide enough for several people to be under at the same time to shower under to get all the mud off.

It was a cool excursion, full 8-hour day.

Thanks for the input. I have been looking for places around Veal Pouch.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kenr wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:26 am A few months ago me and some friends went down to Kampot and did an all-day buggy tour offered by Rush All Terrain, Kampot Adventure. During the tour we hit some really cool places, particularly a place that had some bungalows and a waterfall that two of us took a shower under to get the mud off of us. But I could not even begin to figure out the proximity of this particular place.

My question is does anyone know of any good places in Kampot that have bungalows that are next to a waterfall? I’m taking my girl next month there for a few days for her birthday and she would like that type of setting. Preferably a place that has a restaurant and bar on the premises.

Maybe a silly question, but have you asked the tour company that took you?
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:48 am
Kenr wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:26 am A few months ago me and some friends went down to Kampot and did an all-day buggy tour offered by Rush All Terrain, Kampot Adventure. During the tour we hit some really cool places, particularly a place that had some bungalows and a waterfall that two of us took a shower under to get the mud off of us. But I could not even begin to figure out the proximity of this particular place.

Maybe a silly question, but have you asked the tour company that took you?
Yes, but I have not heard back from them. And just to clarify I am not just looking for this one particular place.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic