Poipet to Siem Reap by bicycle

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Sukhumvit
Tourist
Thailand

Poipet to Siem Reap by bicycle

Post by Sukhumvit »

I plan to cross the border at Poipet with my road bike, and cycle to Siem Reap. I plan on about 50 kilometers a day on the bike. Are they hotels all along the route to stay? How is the road going there? Is it safe for biking? Has anyone cycled this route before?
Perhaps a bus company could transport the bicycle to SR?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Poipet to Siem Reap by bicycle

Post by phuketrichard »

1st night ( 55 kms or so ) Sisophon
2nd night ( long day 95 kms) SR, pass thru a few small towns

good road but very busy with cars, trucks, bus's, mini bus, motorcycles, tractors and people.
except for traffic 100% safe
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Sukhumvit wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:48 am I plan to cross the border at Poipet with my road bike, and cycle to Siem Reap. I plan on about 50 kilometers a day on the bike. Are they hotels all along the route to stay? How is the road going there? Is it safe for biking? Has anyone cycled this route before?
Perhaps a bus company could transport the bicycle to SR?

https://www.magical-world.info/tir-na-n ... mbodia.jpg

If this is your first trip to cambodia, you will be surprised what gets loaded in a minivan in Kampuchea (thats the local word for Cambodia°) !! ??
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

There are hotels/guest houses on the way, but booking in advance outside of the main cities can be awkward as they generally don't have any online presence other maybe a Facebook page. If you have Telegram and they have a phone number on Google maps that seems to be the best way to contact them.
STEVITO
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by STEVITO »

I stayed once at this guesthouse in Preah Netr Preah https://goo.gl/maps/4zWfj2nhQkzPf6DFA (kept my bicycle in the room).
I remember seeing a couple of guesthouses in the next place towards Siem Reap called Kralanh. A little after there is a very nice coffee shop called Three Six One.

My cycling route was Battambang to Siem Reap. I had planned to spend a night in Mongkol Borey but there were no hotels/guesthouses open (during Covid time) so continued to Preah Netr Preah. From there its a straight ride to Siem Reap.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic