Vaccinated People are Probably More Likely to Catch New Covid Variant Than the Unvaccinated (CDC)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
violet
Expatriate

Re: Vaccinated People are Probably More Likely to Catch New Covid Variant Than the Unvaccinated (CDC)

Post by violet »

@General Mackevili

I read it as saying it is more capable THAN previous variations of Covid-19
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Re: Vaccinated People are Probably More Likely to Catch New Covid Variant Than the Unvaccinated (CDC)

Post by Random Dude »

General Mackevili wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:55 am
violet wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:41 am
General Mackevili wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:08 pm As everyone probable knows, there's a new Covid variant starting to go around called "BA.2.86."

I know that mainstream scientists, pharmaceutical companies, doctors, media and the CDC were almost all telling us that it was "safe and effective," but the CDC has just come out to tell us that if you received the Covid vaccines you are probably more likely to catch the new Covid variant compared to those people who didn't get the Covid vaccines at all.

Being unvaccinated myself, I don't think it's fair to me that the vaccinated are putting me at a higher risk because they decided to do something that the CDC says made them probably more likely to get infected, so I think we can all agree the vaccinated need to be forced to lockdown and wear a mask if they dare to venture out in public putting me and my healthy family at risk of catching Covid!

The airlines better force all passengers to show proof of their non-vaccinated status before boarding a plane! I'm disgusted by those vaccinated people who think they have a right to sit next to me on a plane, when the choices they've made have probably made them more likely to catch and spread Covid infections! :stir:

CDC: "BA.2.86 may be more capable of causing infection in people who have previously had COVID-19 or who have received COVID-19 vaccines."

https://www.cdc.gov/respiratory-viruses ... 20vaccines.

And if you're one of those people who keep a mask in your pocket all day, and are touching your face all day and God knows what else, then touching your mask and your face again before placing that petri dish back over your airways, don't you dare breath in my direction, you mouth breather!

What you highlighted does not say what I underlined. You just demonstrated confirmation bias.
If that were the case and they're just saying it's "more contagious," then why wouldn't they just say "it may be more contagious" and not list vaccined and previously infected people? Pointing out those two groups of individuals is entirely unnecessary if that's in fact what they meant.

That's like them saying "men are more likely to have a new type of cancer." And then when someone asks, "wow, why are men more likely to get it than women?" they say, "no, you read that wrong, both men and women are more likely to get it, we are just comparing it to a different type of cancer which they are both less likely to get."

What you're suggesting it means should simply read like this:

CDC: "BA.2.86 may be more capable of causing infection in people."
They also didn't say anything at all suggesting the vaccinated are more likely to catch covid than the unvaccinated...

Anyway, here's an article that puts it into simpler English.

"Aug 23 (Reuters) - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said on Wednesday the new BA.2.86 lineage of coronavirus may be more capable than older variants in causing infection in people who have previously had COVID-19 or who have received vaccines."

www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pha ... 023-08-23/

RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

Luckily I'm a "conspiracy theorist" and I did my own research and came to the conclusion that injecting toxins such as mercury, aluminum, PEG and inorganic proteins into myself numerous times for the flu, was a bad idea.

Lots of "sunk cost fallacy" on this thread. The sooner people realize that they were lied to, the sooner action can be taken. This is democide.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

RogueAnt wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:54 pm Luckily I'm a "conspiracy theorist" and I did my own research and came to the conclusion that injecting toxins such as mercury, aluminum, PEG and inorganic proteins into myself numerous times for the flu, was a bad idea.

Lots of "sunk cost fallacy" on this thread. The sooner people realize that they were lied to, the sooner action can be taken. This is democide.
Whether or not people were lied to is beside the point of this thread.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

violet wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:14 pm
RogueAnt wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:54 pm Luckily I'm a "conspiracy theorist" and I did my own research and came to the conclusion that injecting toxins such as mercury, aluminum, PEG and inorganic proteins into myself numerous times for the flu, was a bad idea.

I disagree. I haven't "invested" in SARS COV or any of the in silica variants. People (jabbed) are more likely to get sick (catch new variant) because they are more likely to have a higher level of toxins as a result of (see above) The CDC is telling you but you refuse to see. Your emotional and now biological investment is the trap.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

This reminds me of that old joke about how you know someone is a vegan....

Q: How do you know someone is an anti-vaxxer?

A: Don't worry, they'll soon tell you all about it.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

What's an inorganic protein?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

RogueAnt wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:35 pm
violet wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:14 pm

I disagree. I haven't "invested" in SARS COV or any of the in silica variants. People (jabbed) are more likely to get sick (catch new variant) because they are more likely to have a higher level of toxins as a result of (see above) The CDC is telling you but you refuse to see. Your emotional and now biological investment is the trap.
Edited fix typos
I am neither emotionally nor financially invested.

People (jabbed) are more likely to catch new variant than previous variants. This is not about jabbed people being more likely than non-jabbed people. You do understand that, right?

I have no idea about toxin levels so I’ll leave that to those that believe they do. If I find out at some later date that I could have got on that bandwagon sooner along with those who feel they know the truth, so be it. As I say - I’m not emotional about any of this stuff.
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:45 pm

Sir, there is something called the internet and I suggest that you spend some time researching bio-chemistry. Maybe using foreign protein is easier to understand.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:45 pm

No such animal exists.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic