Extending my visa without a job

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Extending my visa without a job

Post by Alex »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:12 am @xandreu ...there are plenty of agents who can facilitate your EB Extension of Stay even if you don't have a job, they just charge a little extra.
Do you happen to know what the going rate for a 1-year extension is, in such a case, all in? Do they actually need to get you a work permit nowadays, or have they found a way around that requirement (again)?
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Alex wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:38 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:12 am @xandreu ...there are plenty of agents who can facilitate your EB Extension of Stay even if you don't have a job, they just charge a little extra.
Do you happen to know what the going rate for a 1-year extension is, in such a case, all in? Do they actually need to get you a work permit nowadays, or have they found a way around that requirement (again)?
You can, I was quoted 500.

It's better to have the WP alongside as daddy immigration and mommy police will want to see it when they visit you at your home.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

1 year EB extension should be $290. Some places charge $295. If the extra $5 is worth your convenience, go for it but don't bother with anyone who charges more than that.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

xandreu wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:56 pm
1 year EB extension should be $290. Some places charge $295. If the extra $5 is worth your convenience, go for it but don't bother with anyone who charges more than that.
sure $290, ( $300 in Kampot) IF you have a job and the agent doesn't need supply fake docs :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:28 pm
xandreu wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:56 pm
sure $290, ( $300 in Kampot) IF you have a job and the agent doesn't need supply fake docs :-)
I have been quoted $50 on top if you need such extras. Fair enough I say.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Going rate for a 12 month EB EOS, with the necessary supporting documentation, via a Visa agency, is $270 - 300, location dependent...add an extra 20-50+ if you don't have all the necessary supporting documentation.

WP is required, and if you have been in country previous years in ant E-type Visa and/or EOS without a valid WP, then you'll also be charged a retroactive fee for those years....so yout individual situation will determine the total cost
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:54 pm
Going rate for a 12 month EB EOS, with the necessary supporting documentation, via a Visa agency, is $270 - 300, location dependent...add an extra 20-50+ if you don't have all the necessary supporting documentation.

WP is required, and if you have been in country previous years in ant E-type Visa and/or EOS without a valid WP, then you'll also be charged a retroactive fee for those years....so yout individual situation will determine the total cost
I contacted a fairly well-known visa agent today, (probably best not to name names given the circumstances) who did my work permit some months back, about my issue regarding the fact I may not have the required letter of employment (and a patent from our employer as well don't forget) when I need to renew my visa. I was told that if I don't have the supporting documents, I just need to pay an extra $50 and all I need to provide is my passport and a photo. No mention of a work permit - perhaps it's because the agent already knows I have one as they were the ones who did it for me last time?

I am currently employed, but I have recently joined the company and I can't stand it. My visa is up for renewal fairly soon and the only thing keeping at the job was that I didn't want to find myself temporarily between jobs at the wrong time and unable to get the letter of employment. Now that I know that it wouldn't necessarily be the end of the world and that I'm free to tell them to shove their job feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. :beer2:
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

xandreu wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:39 pm I'm free to tell them to shove their job feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders
It's a magnificent feeling, i'll drink to that !
Cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic