Hiv virus being used to cure cancer

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Hiv virus being used to cure cancer

Post by Soi Dog »

I am watching an episode of Vice TV on HBO showing how a doctor figured out how to manipulate the HIV virus and reprogram it to attack cancer cells specifically and exclusively. 90% cure rate so far in clinical trials. The process has already completely cured dozens of children from leukemia, allegedly. The patients were allowed to undergo the trials because they were deemed 100% certain to die from the cancer soon, and were then cured and back to school within one month after the procedure. Supposedly the treatment should be approved for mass use by 2016, according to the doctor who discovered the process. The altered HIV virus does not give the patient HIV. If this treatment method stands up to continuing scientific scrutiny and independent verification, it is a remarkable achievement. They believe the treatment will be effective on any cancer. :thumb:

Finally some good news. Let's face it, the news has been nothing but shit lately. Thank God for intelligent, dedicated people. I wish I was one of them.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: Hiv virus being used to cure cancer

Post by Sailorman »

I recent saw on the news that researchers have come up with a vaccine for AIDS, but it has to be tested for a year.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Hiv virus being used to cure cancer

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Wow... That would indeed be a huge medical/scientific breakthrough.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic