Chinese Arrests in Sihanoukville After Shooting

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Chinese Arrests in Sihanoukville After Shooting

Post by MarkArmstrong »

Newinkow wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:34 am
Gazzy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:10 pm
Newinkow wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:55 pm
Gazzy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:20 pm Foreigners..come on man..call a spade a spade. They ain't French, German, or Nigerian. They're Chinks..uneducated, uncultured Chinks!
Are you serious!

I don't agree with what a certain subsection of the Chinese expat are doing in KoW. The rest are just like you and me. They are here for business retirement and/or holiday.

You come off as racist by painting all Chinese as uneducated and uncultured. By you reasoning we can say all Westerners are pedophiles bcuz of what we see in the news.

Uneducated? China has one of the most universities grads. Do you even know anything about Chinese society? Parents put high expectations on their children's education. University entrance to the top universities and very challenging.

Uncultured? Which culture Western? Eastern? Chinese? The Chinese culture/society is one of the oldest. Their culture might not match ours but to call them uncultured is just hilarious.

Maybe it's you that is uneducated and uncultured!
Listen do-gooder, stop tolerating their behaviour if you have any respect for Khmers.
Wow! Broad strokes again. When did I state that I tolerated their behavior? I had issues with your broad generalization (uneducated uncultured) of the Chinese based on a few bad actors.

I stated that I don't agree with a subsection of the Chinese population in KoW. The subsection that is represented in this thread. I have no issues with the remaining Chinese. They are just like us (westerners). They have their own reasons to be in KoW (work, business, retirement, holiday).

I do respect KoW and the locals greatly. Just like every nationality they are a few bad actors. Maybe I few more regarding petty crime. To be expected base on the country's economic and social structure. Also like every country, it has its good and bad points. For me the good out weight the bad. I have a Khmer GF with kids. I spend half my year in KoW. I call both Canada and Cambodia as my home. I'm also grateful that I'm a welcome guest to their country. Most of all I'm grateful that the Khmer have the tolerance to not judge one group of tourist bcuz of a couple of bad actors. Lord knows we had our share of westerners behaving badly, in some circumstances down right disgusting.

I judge thing as a whole and not on the exceptions. Maybe you should have a little respect for the other 90% law abiding Chinese.
The hole is getting deeper so keep digging.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Fourkinnel wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:15 pm Would be a nice start and good move if the new PM could jump heavily on these criminal gangs that drive around shooting and kidnap with what seems like impunity! Time for a clear out in Shitzville?
He's busy preparing statements about cracking down on pot, though, give him a break. A man has to have priorities.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

These are not ordinary chinese doing this. They are Triad members not tourists. They take care of things their own way.
Newinkow
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Newinkow »

MarkArmstrong wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:33 am
Newinkow wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:34 am
Gazzy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:10 pm
Newinkow wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:55 pm
Gazzy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:20 pm Foreigners..come on man..call a spade a spade. They ain't French, German, or Nigerian. They're Chinks..uneducated, uncultured Chinks!
Are you serious!

I don't agree with what a certain subsection of the Chinese expat are doing in KoW. The rest are just like you and me. They are here for business retirement and/or holiday.

You come off as racist by painting all Chinese as uneducated and uncultured. By you reasoning we can say all Westerners are pedophiles bcuz of what we see in the news.

Uneducated? China has one of the most universities grads. Do you even know anything about Chinese society? Parents put high expectations on their children's education. University entrance to the top universities and very challenging.

Uncultured? Which culture Western? Eastern? Chinese? The Chinese culture/society is one of the oldest. Their culture might not match ours but to call them uncultured is just hilarious.

Maybe it's you that is uneducated and uncultured!
Listen do-gooder, stop tolerating their behaviour if you have any respect for Khmers.
Wow! Broad strokes again. When did I state that I tolerated their behavior? I had issues with your broad generalization (uneducated uncultured) of the Chinese based on a few bad actors.

I stated that I don't agree with a subsection of the Chinese population in KoW. The subsection that is represented in this thread. I have no issues with the remaining Chinese. They are just like us (westerners). They have their own reasons to be in KoW (work, business, retirement, holiday).

I do respect KoW and the locals greatly. Just like every nationality they are a few bad actors. Maybe I few more regarding petty crime. To be expected base on the country's economic and social structure. Also like every country, it has its good and bad points. For me the good out weight the bad. I have a Khmer GF with kids. I spend half my year in KoW. I call both Canada and Cambodia as my home. I'm also grateful that I'm a welcome guest to their country. Most of all I'm grateful that the Khmer have the tolerance to not judge one group of tourist bcuz of a couple of bad actors. Lord knows we had our share of westerners behaving badly, in some circumstances down right disgusting.

I judge thing as a whole and not on the exceptions. Maybe you should have a little respect for the other 90% law abiding Chinese.
The hole is getting deeper so keep digging.
WTF... By your attitude and broad strokes judgement. Chinese are uneducated and uncultured base on a handful of Chinese behaving badly.

To be fair and using your logic, you must be a pedophile grooming little kids in KoW. There's lots of news about westerners grooming children. There are even numerous NGO operating in the country to prevent you from your favorite pass time!

If you want to label a group, race or nationality based on a small subset of the population, then we must apply that logic to all groups, race and nationality.

Two can play that game...

Anyway, I'm done with this nonsense of broad stroke judgement.

Have a nice day
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic