Visa Question

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PaulC
Tourist
France

Visa Question

Post by PaulC »

Hello,
I was wondering how long it's taking to get an online visa currently.
Iv never done 1 online before always just at the airport.
Just wondering when I should apply if I'm traveling oct16th
Thanks
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Visa Question

Post by Yerg »

PaulC wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:12 am Hello,
I was wondering how long it's taking to get an online visa currently.
Iv never done 1 online before always just at the airport.
Just wondering when I should apply if I'm traveling oct16th
Thanks
I applied and paid on a Saturday, had the e-visa in my inbox by the Wednesday. Very quick and efficient service. Made walking off the plane and straight to passport control a very enjoyable experience.

Use only this official website https://www.evisa.gov.kh
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I did mine last week, took only 48 hours. Tried already couple of weeks ago, but i think i was to early because was denied, i think they ask your date of arrival and it was +1 month at that moment. Its a little more expensive, but you cant get ripped off at the airport by giving wrong change to you (happened me twice) and you are sure you have the right visa, i ordered an ordinary-one which i can extend for looooong time !! Will arrive 5th !! Prepare the barrels of Anchorrr !!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Bongmab69 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:40 pm Prepare the barrels of Anchorrr !!
Buckets. Barrels being reserved for more discerning brews. Thank god pale ale is spelled appropriately.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

All depends...standard processing time is 3 business days, however, if you have a passport from a country that requires you to provide supporting documentation it may take longer, especially if you don't provide the correct supporting documentation initially some people have reported waiting 2-3 weeks for their e-Visa to be approved.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Naybe just do it at the airport again? I did a week ago $30 no photos required & done in 2 minutes.. very quick
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Forgot to add... the e-Visa is valid to use for entry for 3 months from the date of issue, so if you apply now you'll still be able to use it for entry in October.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic