What price air freight uk to Cambodia

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

What price air freight uk to Cambodia

Post by MarkArmstrong »

Hello

I have a few personal effects that would be difficult for me to bring on the plane.

What price should I pay for airfreight around 30kgs from UK to KoW?

Mark
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: What price air freight uk to Cambodia

Post by Freightdog »

I’ve no idea on costs (despite my industry connections) but if they aren’t urgent, have you thought about sea freight?
I’m thinking of investigating a part container load of stuff for myself. Like tool chests, books, and some stuff of immense sentimental value.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

I realized recently, that LCL and FCL prices have skyrocketed and they ask for crazy prices in the warehouses (required for loading/unloading for LCL). However, household moving companies seem to be a quite cheap option at the moment
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

i payed a for a 20 foot container in january from sihanoukville to antwerp 3000 US, but prices dropped since january and the other way should be cheaper also. This didnt include the costs in Antwerp !!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

MarkArmstrong wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:06 pm Hello

I have a few personal effects that would be difficult for me to bring on the plane.

Mark
Don't faff about with sea freight, a few small boxes isn't worth the delay, which could be months before they get them into an LCL box coming to Cambodia.

I used Interparcel and they were cheap and got here without problems. Remarkably cheap, but the size of each parcel is critical.

They use Hermes for collections or drop-offs (a collection is a couple of quid extra) and they have drop-off points on most high streets. Hermes sends it to Belgium Post - BPost. Don't ask me why, but they must be cheaper than Royal Mail.

It leaves the UK and gets to Belgium and is tracked all the way. However... when it leaves Belgium it then goes 'dark' for about 2-3 weeks (hold your nerve) and then it pops up at the Phnom Penh post office who will call you - as long as you put your CAMBODIAN PHONE NUMBER prominently on the outside of the parcel. I can't stress that enough - put your Name and Number on the outside of the parcel in several places.

They are cheap as long as you keep the parcels fairly small.For example, a 50cm x 35cm x 35cm weighing 15kg costs £80. And, in my experience, they are not too fussy when it comes to precise measurements or weight, so you can take a small liberty here and there. But don't get a quote for a bigger parcel (like 50x50x50) or go above 15KG as it gets much more expensive as the delivery company becomes limited to just one. You may have to send several items, but who cares at £80 a pop?

Once it gets to the Post Office, you'll have fun with the customs guys. It looks like a scene from a UK office in the 1970's. Make sure you tell them everything is second-hand and worth less than $50, and that makes it tax-free.

https://uk.interparcel.com/quote/select-service

Good luck...
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:32 pm
MarkArmstrong wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:06 pm Hello

Mark
Don't faff about with sea freight, a few small boxes isn't worth the delay, which could be months before they get them into an LCL box coming to Cambodia.

I used Interparcel and they were cheap and got here without problems. Remarkably cheap, but the size of each parcel is critical.

They use Hermes for collections or drop-offs (a collection is a couple of quid extra) and they have drop-off points on most high streets. Hermes sends it to Belgium Post - BPost. Don't ask me why, but they must be cheaper than Royal Mail.

It leaves the UK and gets to Belgium and is tracked all the way. However... when it leaves Belgium it then goes 'dark' for about 2-3 weeks (hold your nerve) and then it pops up at the Phnom Penh post office who will call you - as long as you put your CAMBODIAN PHONE NUMBER prominently on the outside of the parcel. I can't stress that enough - put your Name and Number on the outside of the parcel in several places.

They are cheap as long as you keep the parcels fairly small.For example, a 50cm x 35cm x 35cm weighing 15kg costs £80. And, in my experience, they are not too fussy when it comes to precise measurements or weight, so you can take a small liberty here and there. But don't get a quote for a bigger parcel (like 50x50x50) or go above 15KG as it gets much more expensive as the delivery company becomes limited to just one. You may have to send several items, but who cares at £80 a pop?

Once it gets to the Post Office, you'll have fun with the customs guys. It looks like a scene from a UK office in the 1970's. Make sure you tell them everything is second-hand and worth less than $50, and that makes it tax-free.

https://uk.interparcel.com/quote/select-service

Good luck...
Superb I will contact them for a quote.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic