Bag Snatching/Phone Snatching/Pickpots in Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Bag Snatching/Phone Snatching/Pickpots in Phnom Penh

Post by Bluenose »

Gazzy wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:35 am
ressl wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:13 pm
Bongmab69 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:14 pm At night time if you come from airport, take taxi, not a tuktuk.
Please explain. Until recently I arrived countless times in PP at nighttime (unfortunately now the nonstop Jakarta connection got discontinued) always took a TukTuk (Bajaj type). Before entering that thing I make sure, that they ask just the ordinary rip off price ($5 that get you anywhere in the city)
I thought AirAsia had a nonstop service to Jakarta a few times a week?
Always been Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur but I don't remember any Jakarta flights (and I went twice to Jakarta prior to Covid)
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Bag Snatching/Phone Snatching/Pickpots in Phnom Penh

Post by ressl »

You write it: had. I had used this connection a few times in the past, since for me it had ticked all the boxes (just $80, full day including dinner with staff/friends and next day full available, nonstop - downsides: usually 1 to 2 hours late), but every time I was looking for a flight, it wasn't shown. I don't believe they were always booked solid, since the plane was never full when I flew - I guess unfortunately exactly the reason, why I can not find it any longer...
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic