I think she has long COVID

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: I think she has long COVID

Post by ItWasntMe »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:55 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:26 pm
... Drunks on a forum will do little good.....
I’ll have you know; I don’t need to be drunk to measure up!
I'd kiss you if I could
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

BaltimoreJack wrote:Have the doctors offered any sort of educated guess as to whether it’s a benign or malignant tumor based on its MRI appearance or her blood test results?

Note you may be eligible for a hardship early withdrawal from your 401k account which I believe involves a 10% penalty only.
Hardship withdrawal is 10% tax on top of the 38% income tax. 48% tax. An expensive option.

Will see the neurosurgeon tomorrow afternoon.

MRI Brain read as mass impinging on optic chiasm.
I would think this is serious and not mold related. Plus the headaches, problem swallowing, ringing in ears, etc. Exactly what kind of mass, won’t know for sure until it come out. Unless magic mold grows brain tumors, I doubt it’s oncho/toxo .
Anyways, missus wants the tumor out.
She goes for a haircut today. They will shave her head bald for the surgery.

Years ago I had my gallbladder taken out. Stayed in the hospital for a few days after. Initial bill was 70K. Negotiated after a few weeks to months into something less.

Brain surgery is far more invasive, extensive and risky. Even after insurance, I doubt it will only cost 10K. If it’s that cheap, I can just tap out my HSA (Heath Care Savings) account. Missus has already given me her Jewelery bag and asked me to sell it to help pay for costs. Selling the wedding rings will be the last ditch I hope to never cross.

Anyways, tomorrow afternoon we will get a better idea of the timeline of events.

Cambodia was very bad to missus. I wish she had never gone. But she had to. Now have to deal with all the consequences.

She was sent to the ER by her primary. ER did a Brain CT. It was abnormal. She got a Brain MRI showing brain mass.

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and well wishes.
BaltimoreJack
Expatriate

Post by BaltimoreJack »

You’re in Texas. There’s no state income tax. What 38% income tax? Unless you’re making over 500k a year, you’re not paying a tax rate anywhere near that high.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:55 pm
BaltimoreJack wrote:Have the doctors offered any sort of educated guess as to whether it’s a benign or malignant tumor based on its MRI appearance or her blood test results?

Years ago I had my gallbladder taken out. Stayed in the hospital for a few days after. Initial bill was 70K. Negotiated after a few weeks to months into something less.
The best hospital in Bangkok will charge around 10% of what they charged you for that removal. 70k is simply insane.
Ong Tay
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Ong Tay »

After what was a very peculiar and humorous original post, I am truly sorry to read about how this has played out. Wish you and your wife strength to get through this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic