Drunk Driver Runs Over Bride, 14 Dutch Citizens Hit, in Siem Reap Wedding Disaster

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
RedBull
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Drunk Driver Runs Over Bride, 14 Dutch Citizens Hit, in Siem Reap Wedding Disaster

Post by RedBull »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:11 pm
RedBull wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:59 pm
Yobbo wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:36 pm Now that's a wedding storey you can tell your friends!
I wonder what happened to all the leftover pickled herring & pancakes.
For pickled herring you need to go a bit more north in the direction of Scandinavia.
Rollmops are popular in Germany and the Netherlands.
As a Dutch person, I can guarantee you that half of the Dutch don't even know of the existence of Rollmops and the other half is just disgusted by it.

I've only seen somebody eat it once and that was part of a truth or dare.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Drunk Driver Runs Over Bride, 14 Dutch Citizens Hit, in Siem Reap Wedding Disaster

Post by Yobbo »

Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

RedBull wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:42 am
John Bingham wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:11 pm
RedBull wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:59 pm
Yobbo wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:36 pm Now that's a wedding storey you can tell your friends!
I wonder what happened to all the leftover pickled herring & pancakes.
For pickled herring you need to go a bit more north in the direction of Scandinavia.
Rollmops are popular in Germany and the Netherlands.
in Belgium the older generation (+65 years) do all know Rollmops, also called "Pekelherk", but the youngerones hardly know it i think, you could buy it in any snackbar 25 years ago but longtime i did see it. As i am not a fish-lover, i tried probably sometimes in my youth, but hardly remember. It used to be the perfect 'basement' before starting a long night of drinking. Next time i go to Oscars in the weekend probably have to try it again !!

As a Dutch person, I can guarantee you that half of the Dutch don't even know of the existence of Rollmops and the other half is just disgusted by it.

I've only seen somebody eat it once and that was part of a truth or dare.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Well my mother used to make rollmops and I loved them, and that was in Ireland.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

I think I know what that is and it's completely unacceptable, especially feeding it to children should be forbidden.

My beer is ruined.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
RedBull
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RedBull »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:33 pm Well my mother used to make rollmops and I loved them, and that was in Ireland.
Ahh well, to each their own. Lots of people don't like blue cheese either, which I do.
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

When I was a lad my mother used to take me to Lyons Corner House on Tottenham Court Rd for lunch. I remember enjoying roll-mops and I am neither Dutch nor Scandanavian.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic