China multiple entry Visa / EU Vaccine certification

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

China multiple entry Visa / EU Vaccine certification

Post by ressl »

Not sure if this belongs in here, or better into the "Rest of the world" part (@mods: simply move as you think).
Simple task: I need a multiple entry visa for China for business purposes.
Which had been an easy and straight forward process in the past, is getting now a complex issue: The embassy here in Phnom Penh is known for issuing single entry only, even if multiple is requested or required. It happens, that I will go to Germany in September, so I thought, that I can apply here. Can, but they require my EU vaccine certificate QR code - which I don't have, and which I won't get, since Sinovac is not recognized in EU. So I have the ironic situation to be vaccinated with Chinese stuff, but can't travel to China, because it is not recognized in EU. Hard to beat that stupidity. Anyway, anyone any idea, how to get around all that? I already had the idea to apply in Bangkok, but our office there told me, I don't need to try, they won't issue me the visa (I still wait for the answer of my "why not" question).
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: China multiple entry Visa / EU Vaccine certification

Post by Alex »

ressl wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:56 pm I already had the idea to apply in Bangkok, but our office there told me, I don't need to try, they won't issue me the visa (I still wait for the answer of my "why not" question).
If I'm not mistaken, you need to be a resident in Thailand to be allowed to apply for a Chinese visa in Bangkok.

That might not be the case for all visa types, but since you're after a multi-entry business visa, I don't think you can get one in Bangkok if you enter Thailand as a tourist.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Thanks Alex, that looks like the answer to the "why not" question. Actually, I would have no issues to enter Thailand on a business visa, since our company has a branch there, however it wont solve the problem of not being a resident.
Further googleing told me, for a multiple visa, I need previous visa and entry into China within 12 or 36 months (depending which visa agency you ask, but irrelevant for me, since I have neiter). There seems to be a one year business visa as well, but here 2 previous (business) visa (and entries) are required + a letter from the Chinese Provincial Government.
I guess this is the revenge for making it hard for Chinese to go to EU. In contrast to Singaporean citizens, which got recently granted to go to China for 2 weeks visa free
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

might be easier to slip over to HK on the ferry as I had to do renew there and head back but my office was in Shenzhen so no biggy depends where you have to be in China its a big place
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

I found this link related to that:
https://www.travelchinaguide.com/embass ... g-kong.htm
It reads quite promising. I think getting a single entry visa here in Phnom Penh, then do the visa run to Hong Kong sounds like a plan. Thanks a lot
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic