Visa run to Chrey Thom

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
MrBen87
Expatriate
Great Britain

Visa run to Chrey Thom

Post by MrBen87 »

Hi I would to ask if nobody has ever done a border run to Chrey Thom https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZxMnA5E2WvLpE1Lg6

I did a border run many years ago to Moc Bai but have seen Chrey Thom is a lot closer to PP. I've checked other topics and most visa runs have been To Moc Bai and are also a bit dated.

I understand that Vietnam has made a few changes during and after covid so I have a few questions would like to ask anyone's advice :

1. Can I exit and enter at Chrey Thom and are business visas issued there?

2. Is there requirement to stay in Vietnam for 24 hours or I can just cross border and back again. I want to go and come back in the same day.

3.I am a British national and live in Phnom Penh. I understand that British citizens have a 15 day visa exemption . So I do not need to aquire an visa or anything?

I would appreciate hearing anyone's experience or advice
If Chrey Thom is not a viable option can I ask people's recent experiences of visa runs to Moc Bai and back.

Many thanks 🙏
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Re: Visa run to Chrey Thom

Post by daeum_tnaot »

I considered that border crossing and was told that occasionally at less used border crossings they may not have the business visa sticker.

In Kampot if you go over the border and cross back the same day the Cambodian side seem to be ready to give you a hard time. But so may foreigners do it there that they are looking for an excuse.

It would be nice if you would write back to inform your experience.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

As you want to get a "business visa", I'd use the Bavet/Moc Bai crossing and get the eVisa in advance just for convenience and to save myself a page in my passport.

You won't need a visa for Vietnam, you can enter visa exempt and return to Cambodia right away. Personally, I'd spend a couple of days in Saigon, but you really don't have to.
Priom Fhear
Tourist

Post by Priom Fhear »

Foreigners can’t cross at Chrey Thom, I tried.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

I don't get a few points here:
If you live in Phnom Penh, why do you need to make a visa run? I mean, either you need to do this each month and have already huge experience in that (and should know, that there is nothing like a business visa in Cambodia, only an ordinary visa + EOS), or did you just move in? But then the statement, that you did this a few year ago at Moc Bai doesn't fit. Or did you lose your job and finally your old EOS has expired?
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

ressl wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:23 pm I don't get a few points here:
If you live in Phnom Penh, why do you need to make a visa run? I mean, either you need to do this each month and have already huge experience in that (and should know, that there is nothing like a business visa in Cambodia, only an ordinary visa + EOS), or did you just move in? But then the statement, that you did this a few year ago at Moc Bai doesn't fit. Or did you lose your job and finally your old EOS has expired?
The Cambodian government has changed the policy for E visas and before it was easy to extend one. But now if you don't have an official job with a work permit, you can only get 4 months. Some people just go over the border at 4 months and come back.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic