Australian Wanted for Smashing ATM, Arrested at Airport

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Australian Wanted for Smashing ATM, Arrested at Airport

Post by Anchor Moy »

Silly man. He smashed up an ATM on 10 July, and gave the national police 2 weeks to find and post his identity, before trying leave the country out of an international airport. :o

If he'd turned up at the bank the next day, pleading temporary insanity and offering compensation for the damage, it's possible he could've got the whole embarrassing episode over and done without getting his name on the "forever internet". Too late now.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:49 pm Silly man. He smashed up an ATM on 10 July, and gave the national police 2 weeks to find and post his identity, before trying leave the country out of an international airport. :o
Maybe he didn't have money to leave because, you know, the damn ATM didn't give him any. :BangHead:
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

ceoreg123 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:44 pm People do much worse on meth rage
He doesn't look to be in the best of states.
I wouldn't be surprised if he had been at the meth
sumfin smart
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

What you see in the picture is just the touchscreen unit. Looking on the other pictures, the screen panel (the expensive part) itself still looks perfectly fine. Since this is an industrial product, those parts are separately and can get changed individually from each other. I had to do this a couple of times on our swap stations as well (although in our case it was always the screen panel, that had died). Damage something around $15 to $25 + 30 minutes of work
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
finn
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by finn »

I imagine the Australian government and police would have no comment if asked. Anyone know if he got out and continued his travels or is still locked up? Seems just paying for damages and admitting fault would make it all go away.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

finn wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:21 pm I imagine the Australian government and police would have no comment if asked. Anyone know if he got out and continued his travels or is still locked up? Seems just paying for damages and admitting fault would make it all go away.
probably.

I'm sure the ATM's back home are vandalproof - here they seem kinda flimsy
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:25 pm
finn wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:21 pm I imagine the Australian government and police would have no comment if asked. Anyone know if he got out and continued his travels or is still locked up? Seems just paying for damages and admitting fault would make it all go away.
probably.

I'm sure the ATM's back home are vandalproof - here they seem kinda flimsy
I barely punch the thing when it eats my card a coupla times ,
A hard knock and a loud. “ ចុយម៉ែ - “
Inevetiblely the alarm 🚨 goes off , I hold my hands up and look at the camera ,
and wait for the paddy wagon to roll up ( so I can bitch at somebody ) but nada 👎🏽

ฉิบหาย

~
 pS

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

finn wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:21 pm I imagine the Australian government and police would have no comment if asked. Anyone know if he got out and continued his travels or is still locked up?
No comment.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic