will you leave Twitter for Threads?

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: will you leave Twitter for Threads?

Post by General Mackevili »

xandreu wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:25 pm Just to be clear from someone who doesn't really follow this type of thing - Threads is Facebook's rip-off of Twitter and that's why Elon and Musk are arranging to have a fight or something?
Haha, this is the silliest thing on the internets this year, but it kind of sounds like it will really happen. They are both training, and even Dana White says they're both serious, but who knows.

I recall it starting as a total joke on Twitter, then Zuckerberg replied saying he was up for it, and then it seemed like they would really do it.

It's 'escalated' very recently with Musk calling Zuckerburg 'Zuck the cuck,' lol, which of course The Guardian blames on White supremacy.

It's dumb, but I hope it happens, as seeing some tech billionaires duking it out in a cage fight is more entertaining than other crap you could watch.

*Rooting for Musk, betting on Zuck.

And no plans to join Threads, as there's already enough social media platforms that will censor the fuck out of you, so I don't see any appeal to it unless something changes. I personally think the only real things that will take off at the current time is platforms that give you at least a little taste of freedom of speech. As others have said on here, most Youtubers who say ANYTHING that might be considered edgy (or even factual things like where Covid might have come from, or comments about genders, or even opinions about a certain election) could get you banned, so I think the average person would be looking for platforms that let you more freely express yourself and have discussions that go against what the mainstream media desperately wants everyone to accept as truth no matter what.

Rumble is quickly becoming a viable YouTube replacement, and even BitChute has appeal, but I don't see the allure of switching from Twitter that allows you to have free discussions to Threads which is already banning/censoring anything that's not what the lefties that run these social media platforms want you discussing or thinking about.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

“Twitter has two important advantages over other social media platforms,” Haqqani said in an English post on Twitter. “The first privilege is the freedom of speech. The second privilege is the public nature & credibility of Twitter. Twitter doesn't have an intolerant policy like Meta. Other platforms cannot replace it.”
https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgwg9n/ ... er-threads
Silence, exile, and cunning.
HaifongWangchuck
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by HaifongWangchuck »

I'm sure it will work well in Cambodia, but then I think Samdech Techo is not gonna try to give Meta anymore market share after last week's debacle, so probably not happening.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

I haven't really been following the twitter/threads drama, but holy hell, Threads has picked up 100 million viewers in just a few days and it seems like Twitter traffic is tanking.

A month ago I would have said that it would take a lot to make any new Zuckerberg venture look like a good option but it seems like Musk has managed to do just that. It'll be a hell of a thing to see if Zuckerberg destroys twitter, and then wrecks Musk when they get in the ring.

www.cnbc.com/2023/07/10/twitter-traffic ... users.html

Twitter traffic is ‘tanking’ as Meta’s Threads hits 100 million users
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

How it started:

How it's going, lol:

:ROFL:

***As much as I don't want her or anyone censored, it is nice to see lefties get a taste of just how dumb and annoying it is to be censored from having discussions that need to be had.***
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:04 am
pissontheroof wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:17 am Methinks somebody has way too much time on their hands for all this…
I think they call it retirement.
Yes its a problem you have to fill your life

Mark retired!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic