A dry election

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
RedBull
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Booze

Post by RedBull »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:04 am
RedBull wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:48 am
Freightdog wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:30 am
RedBull wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:10 am
Kammekor wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:01 am

Don't worry, you will find your booze. Nobody really cares about those regulations, you will find many back doors open and if you want to drink at home buy a few cases in advance. In fact, for many Cambodian men it's a chance to get wasted for three days in a row.
Lol. That wasn't really my point, but thanks for the advice anyway.
You had a point? What was your point? In just over a month since registering, you’ve demonstrated a particular focus on alcohol, an occasional negative view on Cambodia/Cambodians, and a dig at the forum membership. All in 27 contributions. Are you struggling with something? Something that maybe a week chilling out, sans alcohol might assist with?
It's a forum about Cambodia.. What you expect me to do, write about Europe and the States?
I'm living here so I have to deal with Cambodian people. If I would be part of Russianexpatsonline I would be whining about Russians.
And btw, I maybe only posted twice about something that could be improved in Cambodia. And once about alcohol. What's your problem? Hurts to hear the truth sometimes? Maybe it's you who needs to get out of his Cambodian bubble and realize that there's different views except for the ones in the villages in the province.
So…that’s a Yes, then? Carry on.
That was a yes indeed. Don't understand what you didn't get it in first place. But you're dismissed as well.
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

Gazzy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:47 am So, any updates this election weekend? Are the pubs open, can we buy booze, will the teacups make an appearance?
topic55732.html
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

ego bibere nimis wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:25 am
Gazzy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:47 am So, any updates this election weekend? Are the pubs open, can we buy booze, will the teacups make an appearance?
I think its a silly rule (dry elections), but it is what it is.

One of the most depressing images I remember from the last election was walking into a bar on riverside and seeing about 15 middle aged blokes sitting around the bar all with white coffee mugs. Looked sad, ridiculous and desperate. Turned on my heels and went elsewhere for a feed.
Harry's always looks depressing even when they are allowed to use glasses.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:02 am
ego bibere nimis wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:25 am
I think its a silly rule (dry elections), but it is what it is.

One of the most depressing images I remember from the last election was walking into a bar on riverside and seeing about 15 middle aged blokes sitting around the bar all with white coffee mugs. Looked sad, ridiculous and desperate. Turned on my heels and went elsewhere for a feed.
Harry's always looks depressing even when they are allowed to use glasses.
That is actually true. It used to be kinda fun but for some reason, all the personality has been sucked out of the place.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

angsta wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:30 am
topic55732.html
Thanks, topics merged :thumb:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: A dry election

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The good news is that no expat deaths due to dehydration (or DTs) were reported during the elections in 2018 : newsworthy/alcohol-prohibition-for-days ... 21610.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Reminder
The government has issued an instruction on suspending the sale and consumption of alcohol for 1 day before Election Day and the Election Day; that is 22nd and 23rd July 2023
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
verdebandit
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by verdebandit »

Definitely easier than I thought it would be to buy a pint last night.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic