Kep or Kampot? The Trip Report. Day 2

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Kep or Kampot? The Trip Report. Day 2

Post by kgbagent »

DeparRudeAnts wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:06 pm
kgbagent wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:05 pm My sister and her family stayed the same hotel and had a family room that looked great. Nobody there either a couple of months ago. Everything excellent except they asked for a taxi to a booked cooking class on their last day that after 40min never turned up - she told me that she asked the hotel to arrange but I told her there were no taxis per se in Kampot - they got a tuktuk but too late for the class.

Sorry to see that to date you got trapped by the tourist places that are underwhelming - a shame as there are some stellar food choices available.

Thanks for the writeup
Your sister and her family obviously didn't order an English breakfast!
Not even a fried tomato...

I say I don't like kampot, but as you say, it does have its gems.

I miss that Japanese guys bar, he's moved somewhere new.. anyone know who I'm on about?
No their schedule was full of lunch places so they avoided brekky.

Zipang - now on the river road to Karma Traders LH side about 150m before the rail lines.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Kep or Kampot? The Trip Report. Day 2

Post by cautious colin »

kgbagent wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:48 pm
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:06 pm
kgbagent wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:05 pm My sister and her family stayed the same hotel and had a family room that looked great. Nobody there either a couple of months ago. Everything excellent except they asked for a taxi to a booked cooking class on their last day that after 40min never turned up - she told me that she asked the hotel to arrange but I told her there were no taxis per se in Kampot - they got a tuktuk but too late for the class.

Sorry to see that to date you got trapped by the tourist places that are underwhelming - a shame as there are some stellar food choices available.

Thanks for the writeup
Your sister and her family obviously didn't order an English breakfast!
Not even a fried tomato...

I say I don't like kampot, but as you say, it does have its gems.

I miss that Japanese guys bar, he's moved somewhere new.. anyone know who I'm on about?
No their schedule was full of lunch places so they avoided brekky.

Zipang - now on the river road to Karma Traders LH side about 150m before the rail lines.
Ah, I thought he meant the flowers popup bar by Yuki? Think he moved to Phnom Penh
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic