Problem with streaming NFL International Game Pass

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Problem with streaming NFL International Game Pass

Post by Lonestar »

Hello all,

I have been using the NFL international game pass for years. Although I hate recurring purchases, this was the one product I loved paying for. There are free alternatives, but I have been very happy to pay for good, reliable access to my NFL games. This year, the NFL has turned over the Game Pass to DAZN. It seems this is a terrible development. I work part of the year in the U.S. When I was there working, I could simply use a VPN to show I was not in the U.S., and the Game Pass would work fine. Now with DAZN, I am hearing that they have sophisticated geo tracking and VPN blocking measures in place so that you can only stream the games in the country where you purchased the Game Pass. I have other friends who frequently travel around the region, and we are wondering what are some workarounds. I have considered:
1. Trying my VPN out, and if it works...signing up in a country in the region which also have servers on my VPN, like maybe Korea.
2. I thought about a slingbox or slingplayer.
3. I wonder if I could set up a computer at my house only for game pass and utilize some remote computer sharing program.
4. Maybe a premium IPTV would work.
5. Buy GamePass from DAZN to watch while I am in Cambodia, and then buy access when I am in the U.S. through GamePass or NFL+

Does anyone here have any ideas or any experience using a VPN with DAZN? I think this issue is going to affect a huge number of the International GamePass users. I with the NFL would just get to the point where I can buy a global pass and watch the games anywhere.

Thanks
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Problem with streaming NFL International Game Pass

Post by phuketrichard »

buy an android box, ( $20 or so) load kodi and the "Tap tv" add on
thats how I get my basketball, baseball and tennis, Not into Football, but its listed

all free, no vpn needed ( at least non while i was in Cambodia or here in Thailand)

also get all moto GP races and other sports
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
BaltimoreJack
Expatriate

Post by BaltimoreJack »

This does seem to be a bad development with DAZN.

I recently tried to log in to my account from the USA to cancel the recurring charge and I couldn't even log in because I was in the USA and it said I had to be in the country where I sign up (Thailand, two years ago) in order to log in and cancel.

So I had a friend in Thailand try to log in for me and he just got an error message anyway.

They have a whatsapp account you can contact but they people who respond are in Italy and insist on having the conversation in Italian.

I didn't know that if you buy from DAZN you are then limited to watching only from the purchase country, I'll have to look into that.
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lonestar »

I have streaming boxes and Kodi, but I am looking for a better option than the free streaming sites. The last thing I want to deal with in the middle of the night is a dodgy feed for my football game. But, it is another option to check out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic