When can I go back?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

When can I go back?

Post by grumpygit »

Hi folks
I'm wondering when I'll be allowed to re enter Thailand. With all the rule changes I just can't keep up. And yes I do realize it's partly my own dumb fault for not getting the 12 month retirement visa when I first arrived..

Anyway......
I first entered Thailand on 13th of Jan 2023 and left on 8th June 2023 with 45 days on initial entry 30 day extension and 2 Cambodia border runs.

I'd read something about being allowed 6 months in a rolling 12 month but because I was there less than 5 months does that mean I can go back anytime and score a retirement visa once there?

I have a very good visa agent there .

Thanks
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: When can I go back?

Post by phuketrichard »

there is no 6 month rule .
did u do over land border bounce and reentered with a 30 day visa exempt?, as opposed to obtaining a visa thru the embassy?
Ur only allowed 2 land border visa exempt entries/year
No limit on flying in>

If you have no overtsay, get a visa and come on over

suggest if you want stay long time ( obtaining a non o visa an extending that 1 year cause ur over 50)
USE Grace at https://thaivisacentre.com/

UNLESS ur planning on living/staying in Pattaya than use https://www.vip-visa-thailand.com/

you can also enter on a visa exempt ( fly in ) use an agent and get the non o and 1 year extension ( 15 months total)
if you have the money in the bank, it will cost ya 3,900 Baht
if not ,TVC is 36,000
VIP-visa in pattaya, is around 27,000
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

Yes both border runs overland.. one overstay 2 days payed the fine at cambodian thai border.. and 1 day overstay when I flew out but nice border guy said its only a day and let me off.

Cheers for the info Richard 👍
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

phuketrichard wrote:there is no 6 month rule .
did u do over land border bounce and reentered with a 30 day visa exempt?, as opposed to obtaining a visa thru the embassy?
Ur only allowed 2 land border visa exempt entries/year
No limit on flying in>

If you have no overtsay, get a visa and come on over

suggest if you want stay long time ( obtaining a non o visa an extending that 1 year cause ur over 50)
USE Grace at https://thaivisacentre.com/

UNLESS ur planning on living/staying in Pattaya than use https://www.vip-visa-thailand.com/

you can also enter on a visa exempt ( fly in ) use an agent and get the non o and 1 year extension ( 15 months total)
if you have the money in the bank, it will cost ya 3,900 Baht
if not ,TVC is 36,000
VIP-visa in pattaya, is around 27,000
Have you see/heard of anyone who got the fix and was found out/deported/blacklisted?

Sent from my SM-T570 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic