I need help configuring a router

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: I need help configuring a router

Post by Lonestar »

That sounds like a great solution, but it might be above my level of competence. Anyone here available to come out set it up for me for a fee?
ceoreg123
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by ceoreg123 »

I have used this specific model for a wireguard VPN setup. It's easy to do.

Please explain in detail what the setup is supposed to look like and I can direct you to a step by step guide.
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lonestar »

I need one device in my house to be permanently logged in through the VPN router. Right now the VPN router is my main router, and the other routers are daisy chained from it. When I use the VPN router, it slows down my internet a bit.

I either need to better optimize the VPN router so it is faster, or find a way to have it for the one device and have the other devices in my house run off the other routers.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

I am back from the boonies now and I have just checked that router (Flint AX1800 VPN FlashRouter) and it does appear to support split tunneling through its Dual Gateway Setup. This setup allows you to split your internet traffic between a local and a VPN network on a single router.
You may need to set a static IP address on your works PC but this is a local setting (it won't alert your work) so that you can then set your router to only put that IP address through the VPN. All other traffic (devices) will have a local IP address assigned to them by the daisy chained routers (non-VPN)
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lonestar »

That sounds perfect...if I can find someone willing to set it up for me. I don't think I can do it.
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

Lonestar wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:48 am Hello all,

I have a dedicated computer in my house that needs to only be connected via a VPN to show a U.S. address. I ordered a flash router with a VPN built in. My issue now is that the other routers are daisy chained from the flash router, and when I am connected to the U.S., it is slowing down my internet speed.

I don't want to have to constantly shut down my dedicated computer every time I am not using it.

Thanks,

Greg

Why not use the windows native vpn client or openvpn client?

Thanks

Mark
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic