Free Angkor Wat Pass...or Not?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Crackers
Expatriate
Great Britain

Free Angkor Wat Pass...or Not?

Post by Crackers »

Dear all,

Quick question...I have read of the possibility of a 'one-off' free Angkor Wat pass for foreigners who have lived here more than two years. Has anybody here used this oportunity? What are the actual requirements? I have lived here for more than ten years but am not a resident as such. Do I qualify...and how does one obtain such a pass (if eligible)?

Warm regards,

Crackers
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Free Angkor Wat Pass...or Not?

Post by hanno »

Crackers wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:26 pm Dear all,

Quick question...I have read of the possibility of a 'one-off' free Angkor Wat pass for foreigners who have lived here more than two years. Has anybody here used this oportunity? What are the actual requirements? I have lived here for more than ten years but am not a resident as such. Do I qualify...and how does one obtain such a pass (if eligible)?

Warm regards,

Crackers
Plenty of friends of mine have it. Here are the requirements: https://ips-cambodia.com/angkor-wat-free-entrace/
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Crackers wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:26 pm I have lived here for more than ten years but am not a resident as such.
Surely if you live somewhere you are a resident? Anyway all you need are consecutive visa extensions for 2 years. You send photos of them and a passport photo and a photo of the main page of your passport. Easy. I got mine within a few days of applying.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

It is not a "one off", any foreigners who have resided in Cambodia for at least 2 years can apply for an unlimited visit 12 month pass, once that 12 months is up you can apply for another one.

Just applied for my second one 2 weeks ago (even though my first one hadn't even expired yet), very simple. Just need to upload a digital passport style picture, your passport bio page, and Visa Extensions of Stay covering the past 2 years. Applied in the morning, pass was issued a few hours later, you don't even need to print it off, just keep digital copy on your device, I printed a wallet size copy and laminated it just to be on the safe side.

www.spass.angkorenterprise.gov.kh
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:55 pm It is not a "one off", any foreigners who have resided in Cambodia for at least 2 years can apply for an unlimited visit 12 month pass, once that 12 months is up you can apply for another one.

Just applied for my second one 2 weeks ago (even though my first one hadn't even expired yet), very simple. Just need to upload a digital passport style picture, your passport bio page, and Visa Extensions of Stay covering the past 2 years. Applied in the morning, pass was issued a few hours later, you don't even need to print it off, just keep digital copy on your device, I printed a wallet size copy and laminated it just to be on the safe side.

That's cool. Wasn't sure if they were going to keep this going or it was a one off, post covid measure to get people to siem reap.

Can we assume that this is going to be a long term offer? Or should I start thinking about extending my first one too (I think it is valid until September)
RedBull
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RedBull »

For me it got processed in less than a week. The fun part was at Angkor Wat itself at the ticket checkpoints where I showed them my printed out pass.

"Oooh, special guest!!"
"Yeah, yeah, that's me, thank you"
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

cautious colin wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:45 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:55 pm It is not a "one off", any foreigners who have resided in Cambodia for at least 2 years can apply for an unlimited visit 12 month pass, once that 12 months is up you can apply for another one.

That's cool. Wasn't sure if they were going to keep this going or it was a one off, post covid measure to get people to siem reap.

Can we assume that this is going to be a long term offer? Or should I start thinking about extending my first one too (I think it is valid until September)
My understanding is that this is permanent. After decades of lobbying.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic