Temple Mini Mart on Sok San Road

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Temple Mini Mart on Sok San Road

Post by angsta »

Is this where the barang refugees from Golden Sorya Mall ended up?

Those sofas outside double up as a homeless shelter.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
EmpatheticUnicorn
Tourist
Tuvalu

Re: Temple Mini Mart on Sok San Road

Post by EmpatheticUnicorn »

This is truly one of the most bizarre places in Siem Reap. The shop itself seems fake, the products inside are so strange like "Sony" bluetooth headphones for $3 and some other generally normal products are simply not there. At one point they had two different versions of the cigarettes that I smoke with the same box but one scanned at double the price to the other and I had to clarify if I wanted the cheap ones or the expensive ones. The cashier was also non the wiser as the the reason of this.

The outside is a whole other story. A meeting place where washed up alcoholics barely able to throw a sentence together can mingle with obvious scammers trying to get you to go back to their house and also with 14 year old Khmer kids drinking spy and vaping.

No doubt the Temple shop is successful for other reasons though.....
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Re: Temple Mini Mart on Sok San Road

Post by angsta »

EmpatheticUnicorn wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:14 pm This is truly one of the most bizarre places in Siem Reap. The shop itself seems fake, the products inside are so strange like "Sony" bluetooth headphones for $3 and some other generally normal products are simply not there. At one point they had two different versions of the cigarettes that I smoke with the same box but one scanned at double the price to the other and I had to clarify if I wanted the cheap ones or the expensive ones. The cashier was also non the wiser as the the reason of this.

The outside is a whole other story. A meeting place where washed up alcoholics barely able to throw a sentence together can mingle with obvious scammers trying to get you to go back to their house and also with 14 year old Khmer kids drinking spy and vaping.

No doubt the Temple shop is successful for other reasons though.....
The shop is massive and very random. They sell cider so that's all I really use it for. I got caught in the rain there last week and some methed up English scatter was trying to work me out to see if I was new to town. The young Khmer kids are representing as well. Including a couple of very young looking girls dressed up like they are heading to Martinis circa 2008. Strange place. Clearly the Temple brothers have $$$ to burn.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic