i dont know what to make of this? laugh or cry

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Re: i dont know what to make of this? laugh or cry

Post by Private Nuts »

Don't understand the bank thing, wouldn't let themake me do any leg work.
But with the wallet it has to be 4, even if you're poor.
The money isn't worth the bad conscience, it eventually enters your nightmares and changes you're character. Better to be able to hold you're head high.
That's what Dostoyevsky's crime and punishment is essentially about.
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

You find a wallet on a street in Phnom Penh. You take it to the police. You have a clear conscience, no nightmares and your good character stays intact. You can walk away with your head held high. You can make a psychological analysis of the poor guy who lost it and know he will be certain to be reunited with it. You can then play with the theory that you are an extraordinary person able to take on the spiritual responsibility of using virtuous means to achieve humanitarian ends (a bit sort of Dostoyevskyish).
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
Plan B
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Plan B »

They made a movie called " Runaway Millionaire " in New Zealand . Based on bank mistakingly putting 10 million dollars into a customer's a/c. True story. Happened in Rotorua.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic