2 Elderly Peruvians Busted Stealing in Siem Reap Hotel Restaurant

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
STEVITO
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: 2 Elderly Peruvians Busted Stealing in Siem Reap Hotel Restaurant

Post by STEVITO »

Hola Peruana,
Suggestions on who to contact besides Siem Reap police etc as previously mentioned.

The only Latin presence in Cambodia seems to be the Cuban Embassy: http://misiones.cubaminrex.cu/en/cambod ... a-cambodia

Though perhaps more likely (if still up to date) there appears to be a Peruvian Embassy in Malaysia consulado.pe/es/kualalumpur/Paginas/Inicio.aspx?fbclid=IwAR0RFK6fgyhvwUm69JIaUWIuDKm9tnk2sEeff7KY2C54X_bJvySLV0erl4s
According to Wikipedia they are accredited to Cambodia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_d ... n_Cambodia

Buena suerte.
PERUANA
Expatriate

Post by PERUANA »

STEVITO wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:04 am Hola Peruana,
Suggestions on who to contact besides Siem Reap police etc as previously mentioned.

The only Latin presence in Cambodia seems to be the Cuban Embassy: http://misiones.cubaminrex.cu/en/cambod ... a-cambodia

Though perhaps more likely (if still up to date) there appears to be a Peruvian Embassy in Malaysia consulado.pe/es/kualalumpur/Paginas/Inicio.aspx?fbclid=IwAR0RFK6fgyhvwUm69JIaUWIuDKm9tnk2sEeff7KY2C54X_bJvySLV0erl4s
According to Wikipedia they are accredited to Cambodia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_d ... n_Cambodia

Buena suerte.
What a good person you are, thank you very much, I'll get in touch
PERUANA
Expatriate

Post by PERUANA »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:55 am
PERUANA wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:00 am
schlarry wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:47 am When I was a kid, a guy at a social do called another guy a Peruvian. He got punched out. I never understood why. Anybody?

I think a lot of people are asking for sympathy for the thieves, but imagine the problems they could have caused for the victim if they had escaped unnoticed.
Peruvians are noble and have been humiliated for thousands of years, we stand in solidarity with them because they are old, maybe they were disoriented or desperate, we still cannot know the truth, we just hope to communicate with them and find out what the solution is.
Do u have any idea why 2 old guys were in Cambodia, half way around the world?
not exactly a tourists destination for most .
We don't even know the truth, only they know.
PERUANA
Expatriate

Post by PERUANA »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:02 am
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:55 am
PERUANA wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:00 am
schlarry wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:47 am When I was a kid, a guy at a social do called another guy a Peruvian. He got punched out. I never understood why. Anybody?

I think a lot of people are asking for sympathy for the thieves, but imagine the problems they could have caused for the victim if they had escaped unnoticed.
Peruvians are noble and have been humiliated for thousands of years, we stand in solidarity with them because they are old, maybe they were disoriented or desperate, we still cannot know the truth, we just hope to communicate with them and find out what the solution is.
Do u have any idea why 2 old guys were in Cambodia, half way around the world?
not exactly a tourists destination for most .
Maybe they thought they were on a flight to Colombia.
I dont understand your comment, Colombia???????
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic