FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
CharlieHarpersBar
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Post by CharlieHarpersBar »

Alf Stewart wrote:Does anyone know how much advertisers pay for a block on 440?
Pretty sure it was $50 pm for a small sized banner
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

You run a forum, charlieharper. How much would you put on K440?
CharlieHarpersBar
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by CharlieHarpersBar »

I can't believe anybody bought into it in the first place. As has been said, they're generally a labour of love rather than viable business centers. The effort it takes to maintain a busy one will always outweigh any gains.

The only exception is if you have your own business to promote and you use the forum as a vehicle of self promotion, in which case it can work well. I don't advertise anywhere now except my own forum and facebook (well, small ad in BP). This is enough to keep my rooms pretty full year round.

That said, what value would I put on it currently? A couple of thousand as an ego boost to someone with way too much time on their hands.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

CharlieHarpersBar wrote:I can't believe anybody bought into it in the first place. As has been said, they're generally a labour of love rather than viable business centers. The effort it takes to maintain a busy one will always outweigh any gains.

The only exception is if you have your own business to promote and you use the forum as a vehicle of self promotion, in which case it can work well. I don't advertise anywhere now except my own forum and facebook (well, small ad in BP). This is enough to keep my rooms pretty full year round.

That said, what value would I put on it currently? A couple of thousand as an ego boost to someone with way too much time on their hands.
Yeah, sounds about right. Running an active forum seems like a pain.

Unrelated - Great food (ribs) and I will be back every time I visit Sihanoukville. Ribs, pool table and beer makes a great start to the day.
westlake
Tourist

Post by westlake »

Maybe [MOD EDIT: Let's just call him KiR. Thanks.] is having his very own Morrish/Somaly Mam moment ?

Time to go for the better of something he never created and was just lucky to be given in the first place.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I don't see why he should be vocal about it. I certainly wouldn't feel the need to talk about it with a bunch of strangers. Plus, he hasn't contributed much to his own forum this past year or so anyways. Well, unless you count his various tantrums, obsessions and one-liner's he likes posting: Morrish posts, Golden Sorya Mall, whife-beater wearing Pattaya trash, white NGO "whales", the despicable clientele at Larry's ("fat old guys") and so forth. Besides these incessant quips, I never saw him posting much, so I don't see why he would go in a lengthy post about his reasons for selling K440, which are likely semi-personal. Besides, we all know Cambodian business for sale ads go like this:
"Profitable business for sale. Must let it go for personal reasons. Call for details."

If he is selling, it's probably simply because of all the bullshit and drama that comes with owning/running it. I certainly wouldn't want to deal with all that shit. It would wear anyone down after a while.
Last edited by Bitte_Kein_Lexus on Sat May 31, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

wtf? Whats wrong with Larry's? because he has to see it from Garage?
westlake
Tourist

Post by westlake »

You should make larrys the de facto CEO bar.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

General Mackevili wrote:
westlake wrote:Maybe [MOD EDIT: Please just say KiR. Thanks.] is having his very own Morrish/Somaly Mam moment ?

Time to go for the better of something he never created and was just lucky to be given in the first place.
Dude, you're supposed to edit the original post, not just the quote.

:hattip:
Alf Stewart
Tourist

Post by Alf Stewart »

Tbf, Hulk's name is in the public domain.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic