Residence Certificate

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
OZTT
Tourist
Australia

Residence Certificate

Post by OZTT »

Hello,

Help!

Does anybody here have experience with the Australian Visa process? 309/100 visa

All visa applications must be supported by identity documents for each applicant. For Cambodian citizens, please ensure that you provide a copy of your:
• Current passport (photo/biodata page)
• Birth certificate in Khmer and English translation
• Family book in Khmer and English translation
• Residence book in Khmer and English translation
• National ID card in Khmer and English translation
• Marriage certificate and/or divorce certificate and English translation

My Khmer wife has all docs except the residence book.
The local Police have refused to provide one , they are on a massive power trip.

She and I have made enquiries re what Dept of Home Affairs requires and some sources say that the Family book and the residence book is not required.
Some say if you have a family book than you don't need a Residence book.

The Australian Embassy wont pick answer their phone.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers
TT
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Residence Certificate

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The Carnet de Residence (Residence Book) & Family Book are basically the exact same document, either or is accepted. Not all families are issued both documents. My wife has successfully applied for both NZ and Australian Visas with only the Carnet de Residence.

Many Sangkats will only issue a Carnet de Residence to home owners, so if she doesn't own her own house in the Sangkat where she is registered, that may be why. I'm assuming her parents don't have one? If they do then she should be included on that one.

If you want to be on the safe side, she can request a Certificate of Residence ( លិខិតបញ្ជាក់ទីលំនៅ ) from her registered Sangkat in lieu of the Carnet de Residence.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic