7-11 Coming Soon

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: 7-11 Coming Soon

Post by hanno »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:45 am
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:54 am
And, as i recall they said at the start that they would carry local products
anyone see any local products?
Cashew Nuts, water, beer and fruit chips. :hattip:
A couple of local beers, but considerably more imported beers.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

I just hate 7-11
Bullshit
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

LOL:
from their launch announcement in 21
the new store carries over 2,000 products, including those typically found at 7-Eleven stores including Slurpee® semi-frozen drinks, award-winning value-priced 7–Select® private brand snacks, and local fresh food items, including some unique to the Cambodian market.
so thats the unique Cambodian product's
"Cashew Nuts, water, beer and fruit chips"

No Prahok or those little snails?

unlike the above, i love 7/11, great for a quick sugar fix , drinks, coffee ( cold or hot) & micro wave products or grab some stuff u forgot and as there at most gas stations everywhere, cant be beat
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

They do sell quite a few Cambodian made products. Many drinks, snacks, paper, soaps, some ready meals etc. Obviously it's pretty limited selection what is produced in this country so majority of products are still imported. I think anything what they can source directly from Cambodia are sourced because I have noticed some products have been replaced by Cambodian counter parts since the launch.

Overal the price difference to Thai counter part is not big really. I was in Bangkok just few weeks ago and my shopping cart cost only a some tens of cents more less than in Cambodia. If I would have bought beer or any alcohol I'm fairly confident the bill would have been cheaper in Cambodia.

Edit. dairy, meats and sweets are considerably more expensive in Cambodian 7-11 as they are in any supermarket here.
Last edited by rogerrabbit on Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

Has anyone seen one with brewed coffee options in Cambodia (not the Espresso style coffees)?
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:14 pm LOL:
the new store carries over 2,000 products, including those typically found at 7-Eleven stores including Slurpee® semi-frozen drinks, award-winning value-priced 7–Select® private brand snacks, and local fresh food items, including some unique to the Cambodian market.

unlike the above, i love 7/11, great for a quick sugar fix , drinks, coffee ( cold or hot) & micro wave products or grab some stuff u forgot and as there at most gas stations everywhere, cant be beat
Agreed! For such a small retail space, 7's pack a lot of stuff. At least in Thailand. The number of delivery trucks that arrive every evening and amount of stuff that gets carted in every single time is astounding. Even the fresh coffee is pretty decent. There's laundry detergent, computer cable adapters, packaged nuts, beer and water, microwaveable meals, light bulbs, sweet and salty snacks, ice cubes . . . on and on. Yes, lots and lots of ultra-processed "foods" << bad stuff. But if in need of something, 7 has got it.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

ExPenhMan wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:42 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:14 pm LOL:

Agreed! For such a small retail space, 7's pack a lot of stuff. At least in Thailand. The number of delivery trucks that arrive every evening and amount of stuff that gets carted in every single time is astounding. Even the fresh coffee is pretty decent. There's laundry detergent, computer cable adapters, packaged nuts, beer and water, microwaveable meals, light bulbs, sweet and salty snacks, ice cubes . . . on and on. Yes, lots and lots of ultra-processed "foods" << bad stuff. But if in need of something, 7 has got it.
One problem is getting new and local suppliers to fit into the supply chain and making sure they can produce enough and deliver on demand to the distribution centers as stock levels require.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic