2 passports, 1 visa

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ali baba
Expatriate

Re: 2 passports, 1 visa

Post by ali baba »

Anyone have experience with acquiring an exit visa? I went to a travel agent this morning and confirmed that I cannot get more than 1 month extension for myself and they told me to get my daughter's exit visa by myself too. Looking in her old passport the visa was issued on the 11th July and expired 6 days later on 17th. We fly on 30th but I'd prefer to get it now so I don't have to stress or worry about it. I'll go this afternoon. If they tell me to come back next week then at least I'll feel comfortable about having enough time.
Scarier than malaria.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Exit Visas must be applied for in person at the DoI Visa Office, they are only valid for 7 days, so you need to apply within 7 days of your intended departure date.

Exit Visas are only required if;
- Departing on a new passport without a valid Visa/EOS ie. You have a new passport because the one with your visa/EOS was lost/stolen/damaged, foreign child born in Cambodia
- passport holder has overstayed by 30+ days

Supporting documentation requirements vary based on the circumstances...detail why you need Exit Visas and I'll advise what you need (your previous post wasn't clear on why you need Exit Visas). Does your daughter not have a Cambodian passport?
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

My daughter only has a UK passport so we'll go next week and get it sorted. Her old passport and k visa expired before our flight.
Scarier than malaria.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

OK so she has a new passport...head out there and see if you can get a K-type Visa issued, some people have still been having luck getting K-type Visas issued in-country, but others are being told no, need Exit Visa and get the K-type VOA upon return. All depends on the officer on duty at the time.

If you need to apply for the Exit Visa, You would think that her old passport with K-type Visa would be sufficient, however, once again that will depend on the officer on duty on the day, so take all necessary supporting documentation such as birth cert, family book or Carnet de Residence, parents passports, etc. and don't forget 1x Passport pic. Exit Visa is $30.

Alternatively, get her a Cambodian passport and avoid all the hassle of Exit Visas, K-type Visas, and she'll even get her airport tax refunded.
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

I took all our passports and the officer we spoke to told us to bring both of my daughter's passports so he could see her k visa and entry stamp. I'll take the birth cert and family book like you suggested.

Getting a Cambodian passport doesn't seem worth it to me since we'd have to carry 2 passports on our trips- one to get in and out of Cambodia and another to get in and out of the UK, US, Japan, etc. The K visa lasts almost as long as the passport does since child passports are only valid for 5 years.
Scarier than malaria.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic