Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Post by takeoman »

I had hoped CEO would indeed be different, but it appears to be going down the the same road as that other site. Already the vast majority of posts are coming from a small clique, mainly united by their disdain for KIR. Also the owners are all over every topic like a rash. Yes it's your site, but you don't need to comment on everything, let us joe public get on with our debates.
I've had my run-ins with OD on the other site, but have always considered him a decent guy, I'd like to see him succeed, however I can't see it happening if the site merely becomes Khmer 440 clone, with all the same faults. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Post by OrangeDragon »

I disagree. While we're active and do post a lot... Just as we did over there as simple users. There are whole sections and topics we ignore.

The anti 440 stuff has mostly been confined to a car of threads in general chatter while the other sections are doing fine and becoming progressively more active.

And so far I've only had one debate not related to the administration of the site... In two weeks... That's like a record.
Dara
Expatriate

Post by Dara »

OrangeDragon and the General are doing just great !

Carry on.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I disagree on a couple of points Takeoman.

Given the number of users, because it's a new site you would naturally expect some early highly active users would stand out, a measure of the sites success will be whether it shows broader appeal in say 6 months time. I actually don't think it will achieve that objective because I think the majority of people have a lot better things to do than spend a lot of time on an Internet forum, and that's not a reflection on this forum.

OD was a prolific poster on the other site but has been pretty invisible in discussions which is good. It's natural they would both start topics in the early days to get the content moving.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
westlake
Tourist

Post by westlake »

I think you'll find so many people have been at the end of hogan's often irrational ire as he has used "his" forum to slander and snipe without reproach that many are revelling in the opportunity to give some back without anything being summarily deleted. It's karma time.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

takeoman wrote:I had hoped CEO would indeed be different, but it appears to be going down the the same road as that other site. Already the vast majority of posts are coming from a small clique, mainly united by their disdain for KIR. Also the owners are all over every topic like a rash. Yes it's your site, but you don't need to comment on everything, let us joe public get on with our debates.
I've had my run-ins with OD on the other site, but have always considered him a decent guy, I'd like to see him succeed, however I can't see it happening if the site merely becomes Khmer 440 clone, with all the same faults. :hattip:
We should give OD and G-Mack a break. They are ancient friends who met in elementary school - a "special needs" school. They have both mounted an admirable battle against their severe autism, dyslexia and OCD. In other words, they are trying. Yes, they are mentally and emotionally challenged, but aren't we all to some degree? Hats off to the "dynamic developmentally deficient duo" (or D4) I say!
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

westlake, That's a fair assessment.

Not that I stuck my neck out and got banned, but many did, and unjustly got their wings clipped.

I enjoyed reading some posters, ... till they were disappeared. It bothered me.
Alf Stewart
Tourist

Post by Alf Stewart »

takeoman wrote:I had hoped CEO would indeed be different, but it appears to be going down the the same road as that other site. Already the vast majority of posts are coming from a small clique, mainly united by their disdain for KIR. Also the owners are all over every topic like a rash. Yes it's your site, but you don't need to comment on everything, let us joe public get on with our debates.
I agree. I had no idea that OD and Mackeveli would post so prolifically. I've also noticed that Vladimir seems to be posting lots of puns. Whoever could have envisaged this?
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

westlake wrote:I think you'll find so many people have been at the end of hogan's often irrational ire as he has used "his" forum to slander and snipe without reproach that many are revelling in the opportunity to give some back without anything being summarily deleted. It's karma time.
While I understand that,I think CEO really needs to put all that to one side and set about establishing itself as a different entity. There can be few who are unaware of said gentleman's massive ego and irrational behaviour. I often wondered why he stayed in Cambodia as he seldom had a good word to say about either the country or the people. That said let's consign him to history and move on.
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I wonder how long the saboteurs are going to keep at it...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic