Best internet options

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Best internet options

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Hello,

I'm going to have to find an internet provider, which I haven't done for a very long time (since it was often provided with a rental). My landlord is also working on this but they don't know anything about it.

I want something with the shortest term possible/flexibility as it's not clear how long I'll be here, may need to depart.

Need lower budget, as I'm no longer used to paying for this and don't do streaming or gaming. The highest speed I need is for calls, which doesn't seem to really require a large bandwidth based on my experience.

Anyone have any recommendations? A lot of the mobile providers seem to be providing internet using routers, but based on the service on their 4G/3G (which I am using) they seem unreliable, with frequent short outages of 1-3 minutes.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Best internet options

Post by Tootsfriend »

Your question has already been answered here.

topic55239.html
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Tootsfriend wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:45 pm Your question has already been answered here.

topic55239.html
Thanks, I did try to search for "internet" in the search function and all I got was the thread "Oh, you internet" which seemed to have been absorbed into memes about a cat, etc.

That thread you linked to is pretty sparse.
Last edited by daeum_tnaot on Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Tootsfriend wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:45 pm Your question has already been answered here.

topic55239.html
Landlord wants to use Ezecom for $16 per month but I feel like I heard that Ezecom is not that great.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

The last two places I've lived the mobile hotspot on my $140 phone has worked better than the apartment's WiFi. If you get a dual-sim phone then that helps avoid temporary network problems.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic