Oxygen Generator Unit Opened in Preah Vihear

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Oxygen Generator Unit Opened in Preah Vihear

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Preah Vihear Province): On Wednesday, September 14, 2022, Dr. O Vandin, Secretary of State of the Ministry of Health, on behalf of Prof. Mam Bunheng, Minister of Health, attended the inauguration ceremony of the new building at 16 Makara Provincial Referral Hospital, Preah Vihear Province.

At the inauguration ceremony, she said that the support for the construction of the building and the oxygen generator reflected the good cooperation in the health sector, and this achievement has contributed to reducing the shortage in the supply of oxygen and will help to provide health services to people in the province faster and more efficiently. Before this, the department had to purchase oxygen at 60,000 to 70,000 riel ($15 to $17) per unit, and it took some time to arrive.
Dr. O Vandin, Secretary of State for the Ministry of Health, thanked the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Cambodia and UNICEF Cambodia for constructing the hospital building and for the oxygen generators, which can produce nearly 20 units of oxygen in just three or four hours.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Oxygen Generator Unit Opened in Preah Vihear

Post by Chad Sexington »

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

It doesn't surprise me in the least, COVID-19 took it's toll on the supply chain. I am in need myself went to clinic's and hospital's, many of them in Phnom Penh don't have the oxygen, private and the provincial hospital's seem to have some for emergency room only.
I wonder if over use or just a miss calculation from the health ministry? Either way it's a grave mistake for many that are in need, also again I noticed that an outside country is helping, is it not time that this government started to stand on its own feet and provide for its people?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UNICEF donates 7-million-USD medical equipment for Cambodia
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) on June 12 handed over medical equipment for oxygen therapy worth over 7 million USD to Cambodia’s Ministry of Health.
VNA Monday, June 12, 2023 20:06
Hanoi (VNA) – The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) on June 12 handed over medical equipment for oxygen therapy worth over 7 million USD to Cambodia’s Ministry of Health.

According a press release by UN organisation, the devices include oxygen concentrators, patient monitors, pulse oximeters, resuscitators, and other oxygen therapy accessories that will be distributed to 131 health facilities, including national, provincial and district hospitals and health centres across Cambodia in the coming weeks.

The donation is part of UNICEF’s ongoing effort to strengthen Cambodia’s health system for equitable primary health care following the acute phase of the COVID-19 pandemic.

“During COVID-19, we saw that global access to oxygen was unequal, which impacted most low- and middle-income countries,” said Dr. Will Parks, UNICEF Representative in Cambodia at the handover. “We are proud to play a part globally in addressing this equity gap, while also enhancing Cambodia’s capacity to lifesaving measures for children and their families.”
https://en.vietnamplus.vn/unicef-donate ... 254573.vnp
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:04 pm It doesn't surprise me in the least, COVID-19 took it's toll on the supply chain. I am in need myself went to clinic's and hospital's, many of them in Phnom Penh don't have the oxygen, private and the provincial hospital's seem to have some for emergency room only.
I wonder if over use or just a miss calculation from the health ministry? Either way it's a grave mistake for many that are in need, also again I noticed that an outside country is helping, is it not time that this government started to stand on its own feet and provide for its people?

It's not complicated.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic