Dollar or Riel

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: Dollar or Riel

Post by Bongmab69 »

Maybe its a little of topic, but maybe a lot of people are not here on a regular or official base, i come and go useally twice a year on a turist visa, before it used to be as good as impossible to openan bank-account and activate something as ABA-pay.
I use for 85% of the time cash, on riels. If i go to eat in the"some fancier" restaurants where they do accept VISA and dont surcharge me 3%, i use my belgian visa-card, and the appartement i rent accepts it also without surcharge. If they surcharge me, i am better of to go with my Wise-card to Breds-ATM and pull 1000 US a time !! ??
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Dollar or Riel

Post by Bluenose »

There is also the possibility that, for whatever reason and not necessarily your fault, you find yourself in a situation where others are claiming moto damage or something else involving on-the-spot compensation. I would feel happier having a bit of cash on hand to solve the situation quickly depending on the circumstances.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic