Where Do Swedes Hang Out in Cambodia

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
fidolio
Tourist
Sweden

Where Do Swedes Hang Out in Cambodia

Post by fidolio »

Is there any places Swedes use to hang arround in Phnom Penh and Kampot ?
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: Where Do Swedes Hang Out in Cambodia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Kampot Cafe serves Swedish meatballs, imagine you will find at least one swede there.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

I can never understand why anybody would leave where they are from to seek others from where they are from.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Harrys at riverside between 136 and 144 used to be swedish-runned and still has some swedish clients, and also sells swedish "kottballar", dont know they are yummy because not really my thing. There is a swedish guy who runs a girly bar on 118 called Baccarat but the staff probably cant speak a word o swedish.
I do understand if you go abroad and are not a native-english-speaker, you do look for people from your country, just to speak your own language at the other side of the world makes it special. But for english people, ppfff, you are ofcourse fu**** with also the yanks and aussi, not everybody wants to hook up with them (and yes i know these languages are not exactly the same). I met a southafrican couple at koh kong border in december and we do speak more or less a similar language, it feels funny to speak that at a bordercrossing in the middle of nowhere (for me after been travelling very far without hearin a word of my language).
fidolio
Tourist
Sweden

Post by fidolio »

Yobbo wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:21 pm I can never understand why anybody would leave where they are from to seek others from where they are from.
Sometimes the wolf needs his pack, there is a problem with that ?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

fidolio wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:52 pm
Yobbo wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:21 pm I can never understand why anybody would leave where they are from to seek others from where they are from.
Sometimes the wolf needs his pack, there is a problem with that ?
Who is this wolf? Sounds more like a puppy.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Bongmab69 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:05 pm Harrys at riverside between 136 and 144 used to be swedish-runned and still has some swedish clients, and also sells swedish "kottballar", dont know they are yummy because not really my thing. There is a swedish guy who runs a girly bar on 118 called Baccarat but the staff probably cant speak a word o swedish.
I do understand if you go abroad and are not a native-english-speaker, you do look for people from your country, just to speak your own language at the other side of the world makes it special. But for english people, ppfff, you are ofcourse fu**** with also the yanks and aussi, not everybody wants to hook up with them (and yes i know these languages are not exactly the same). I met a southafrican couple at koh kong border in december and we do speak more or less a similar language, it feels funny to speak that at a bordercrossing in the middle of nowhere (for me after been travelling very far without hearin a word of my language).
Good point about language.

——-

But I never understood Aussies and Kiwis flocking to the bar, living together etc in London. In Australia it’s the Brits gathering together.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

I like to eat and drink at Harry's from time to time but the service is very slow and impersonal. But I like the food when it eventually arrives.
Started spending more time at Oscar's. The female staff there are more articulate, customer service oriented and very presentable.

OML
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Ot Mean Loi wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:53 pm I like to eat and drink at Harry's from time to time but the service is very slow and impersonal. But I like the food when it eventually arrives.
Started spending more time at Oscar's. The female staff there are more articulate, customer service oriented and very presentable.

OML
Oscar’s or Oskars?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

That's the reason I am rarely here. I'm usually on the Khmer forums.
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic