Syrian Refugee Caught on Video in France Stabbing Child (NSFW)

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Syrian Refugee Caught on Video in France Stabbing Child (NSFW)

Post by Kammekor »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:47 am
Kammekor wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:17 am
Big Daikon wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:55 pm
Sorry, I was way off. It's only 60% confirmed. My bad.

https://www.opindia.com/2021/11/sweden- ... mmigrants/
During the data analysis, the researchers found that out of 3,039 offenders included in the study, 59.2 per cent were immigrants. Out of these, 47.7 per cent were born outside Sweden.
I wonder what the last past of his statement means. I read it as 47,7% of the 'immigrants' being offenders were born outside of Sweden. Which wouldn't make any sense. Immigrants are born outside the country by default, otherwise they're not immigrants.

Still incredibly high numbers though, because immigrants for sure don't make up that part of the population in Sweden, large over representation. Bit like the Chinese kissing the road barriers in Cambodia.
Could this be alluding to the fact that immigrant communities can have a tendency not to integrate with their new home- not as a preservation of culture, but as a resistance to being part of another society. Children of immigrants then being pretty much the same as their immigrant family?

You see it a lot in long established regions of UK’s midlands and north, and many quite blatant communities in London.
Yes, but that mostly to applies to families with two non-western parents. Mixed families (one 'immigrant parent') tend to integrate pretty smoothly.

I don't like the 'broad brush' used here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:15 pm

During the data analysis, the researchers found that out of 3,039 offenders included in the study, 59.2 per cent were immigrants. Out of these, 47.7 per cent were born outside Sweden.
I wonder what the last past of his statement means. I read it as 47,7% of the 'immigrants' being offenders were born outside of Sweden. Which wouldn't make any sense. Immigrants are born outside the country by default, otherwise they're not immigrants.

Still incredibly high numbers though, because immigrants for sure don't make up that part of the population in Sweden, large over representation. Bit like the Chinese kissing the road barriers in Cambodia.
Could this be alluding to the fact that immigrant communities can have a tendency not to integrate with their new home- not as a preservation of culture, but as a resistance to being part of another society. Children of immigrants then being pretty much the same as their immigrant family?

You see it a lot in long established regions of UK’s midlands and north, and many quite blatant communities in London.
This is where the broad brush shows being pretty useless.

If this rule would be applied in to the English Royals even Harry's kids would be immigrants. :plus1:
Are you suggesting the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha's aren't pure-blood British? :shock:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:47 pm

If this rule would be applied in to the English Royals even Harry's kids would be immigrants. :plus1:
I thought he was referring to the children's mother.
schlarry
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by schlarry »

These comparisons just get syria by the minute
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:47 pm

Not suggesting anything, my last stopover at Heathrow was bad enough without the authorities aiming for me.
ceoreg123
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by ceoreg123 »

Situations like these are when legal carried guns come in quite handy... But that's pretty much impossible in most European countries
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic