WORK PERMIT REVISITED

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: WORK PERMIT REVISITED

Post by General Mackevili »

takeoman wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
3) They will probably also tell you that there is very little corruption involved in their department, LoL.
Seems the Minister of Labor might agree with you. He has just issued a warning to officials, stating that making mistakes, when issuing foreign work permits, could lead to a visit by the Anti Corruption unit. :hattip:

https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/labo ... its-77922/
Ha! If the ministries are going to read CEO and steal my statements to use hours later, they could at least put me on the Public Relations payroll.

Nice find!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Post by Kampong Spooner »

I've been informed that the maximum baksheesh, I mean back-payment is capped at a max of $500.

Anybody else aware of this?
Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Kampong Spooner, I wish you would post the source of your information and if the person's name appears to be too sensitive please at least indication their position or nature of involvement. There's enough unverifiable info posted on this and other forums. I wish all posters would indicate some reference point, person, newspaper, whatever....
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Post by Kampong Spooner »

A bloke what works in a school, what school paid one of these agents to sort it aaart.

Bloke says to me that the agent says to him that the biggest fine he can expect will be no more than a farking monkey.

But these agents are all hookey, I reckons.

Personally, I aint sticking my crust of bread over the parapet until this mess is finalised.

I work from home and don't pay rent.....
Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Thanks for the clarification and the dialect.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

The ACU - the place with the car dealerships across the road - I wonder if there is a tunnel under Norodom?
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Well, Joker Poker, if it's not shady, it's not business as usual in The KIngdom of Wonder. As for a quote from a school, I'm sure they get a cut rate, especially if they had to pay the back fines for former teachers. No hope here.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Just a quick update-my wife went to the local Licado office to get their read on the situation. According to him there is no legal grounds for charging me, since I have been both unemployed and retired for many years. However, he added that fact is meaningless, since the powers that be control the legal system. He mentioned Alex Gonzales-Davidson as an example of how law is twisted to mean what authorities want it to mean. By the way, I've heard Mr. Gonzales Davidson speak Cambodian; the has a true native command of the language and thus the respect of many Cambodians.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic