Fusion Food - How far can you go ?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Fusion Food - How far can you go ?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Another social media connundrum. Are they taking the p*ss ?
I'm definitely a pie lover, and would class myself as a reasonably adventurous eater and cook, but I can't make up my mind here. First reaction was :bad: , but then the idea grew on me. :chin:
In the end, I knew it had to be a wind up when I saw this bit saying that Australia's best pie is Cambodian - BEST PIE IN AUSTRALIA 2023 WINNER - a Fish Amok pie!!!
And I thought "Don't come the raw prawn with me, sport". :no:

Judge for yourselves. Riel or not ?
❓️What happens when you mix Cambodian and Aussie cuisine you ask???
🏆Well... you end up with the BEST PIE IN AUSTRALIA 2023 WINNER - a Fish Amok pie!!!
🥧Congratulations @countrycobbakery and the Khmer/Aussie team behind this culinary beauty using aussie Barramundi!
🍄🥩Oh! They also took out best mushroom and best flavoured beef pies in the nation wide competition!
🇦🇺Any of our Aussie foragers in Victoria, you need to check this out!
🥇Congrats to Chan and the team and thank you for spreading the Fish Amok love down under!
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Fusion Food - How far can you go ?

Post by Yobbo »

Kampot pepper beef pie :good:
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Old memories come up my mind..anyone remembers Normans "Best Kampot Pie Restaurant just opposite the hospital? He was doing such crossovers as LokLak Pies, Kampot pepper pies and other fusion stuff some 15 years ago.
work is for people who cant find truffles
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Sounds shit.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic