"Science does not kill God"

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Re:

Post by Bubble T »

pczz wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:11 am What utter Bullshit. I used to work in Social services 40 years ago when the church was covering up child abuse and it still is. It is endemic and what little action the pope is taking is just too little too late
It also raises an interesting question: Is God not omnipotent enough to prevent children from being raped in Churches, or does he simply choose not to prevent it?
Chamboy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chamboy »

Bubble T wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:50 pm
pczz wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:11 am What utter Bullshit. I used to work in Social services 40 years ago when the church was covering up child abuse and it still is. It is endemic and what little action the pope is taking is just too little too late
It also raises an interesting question: Is God not omnipotent enough to prevent children from being raped in Churches, or does he simply choose not to prevent it?
That's a dilemma in church dogma. God is usually proclaimed to be all powerful and all loving.

Uh uh, can't be both, either one or the other. The appearance of Christ seems to me to be an attempt to clean up an image problem. I wonder if followers were starting to reject the Old Testament potentate.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Brings it back to the famous quote:
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

That god isn't god and he doesn't give a fuck.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
MiloLeonard
Tourist
United States of America

Re: "Science does not kill God"

Post by MiloLeonard »

Hey Shane! I'm so happy to hear that you're back home now, man! It's amazing how the power of prayer and faith can work wonders in our lives. Reading your story inspires all of us to keep believing, even when times are tough. Thanks for sharing your miraculous journey with us. Take it easy as you recover, and don't push yourself too hard. You're surrounded by love and support, both from your family and your friends including us from First Church Love. Give our best wishes to Melissa, and we'll continue praying for her speedy recovery as well. Take care, bro!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

A four year old thread... is this becoming a thing?
Can there be some sort of alert if a thread is older than a year or something?
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:25 am Can there be some sort of alert if a thread is older than a year or something?
Yes. We call it the date. It comes with a time stamp, too.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:02 am
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:25 am Can there be some sort of alert if a thread is older than a year or something?
Yes. We call it the date. It comes with a time stamp, too.
Something that is a bit more than that, I mean.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
schlarry
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by schlarry »

It's not rocket science, the date of the opening post is in your face when the list displays.

I think it's a just a case of checking before you open the thread
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic