Average amount guys are paying for a girlfriend?.

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Average amount guys are paying for a girlfriend?.

Post by Kammekor »

Plan B wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:16 pm Most Khmer girls in relationships with Barang have a Khmer husband or boyfriend. Usually introduced as ' her brother'. They are parasites and indirectly supported by the Barang.

Then there is the lies. And the lies swarm. Mama Hospital bill inflated times 10!!!!.

I always remember when a Khmer girl told me they love 'old dumb barang' best. She went on to say ' because they believe the lies no Khmer man ever would'.

To be fair I am sure many guys get treated well by their Khmer girlfriends. Just don't ask me the %.!!!
She will call you 'bong', brother, too.
Fits the pattern you describe.

Don't believe your claim is true though.
Izzy
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Izzy »

ali baba wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:44 am#notallmen
What's wrong with Tall Men? #No Tall Men (JK :D :D :D )
"You can't change the people around you...but you can change the people around you!"
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Plan B wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:16 pm Most Khmer girls in relationships with Barang have a Khmer husband or boyfriend. Usually introduced as ' her brother'. They are parasites and indirectly supported by the Barang.
The problem with guys like you is that you base your misguided opinions on your extremely limited experience of women here. Because the only women you have ever known here have been prostitutes, you assume that these are representative of all women here. Quite pathetic.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:42 am
The problem with guys like you is that you base your misguided opinions on your extremely limited experience of women here. Because the only women you have ever known here have been prostitutes, you assume that these are representative of all women here. Quite pathetic.

You assume he has been to Cambodia and has not just read some random posts or books :stir: :stir:

anyway its raining here :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Plan B
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Plan B »

'Khmer men are for love - Barang men are for money'. Heard this many times.

What is so interesting is how a girl is able to keep their Khmer romantic relationship so quiet from the Barang man they are in a relationship with. Usually all the village know. All their friends know. Even heard of Buddha weddings between a Barang and a Khmer girl where the Khmer husband is in attendance.

Difficulty for Barang is to find out. Would think for many impossible.

It's certainly not in every case. But would surprise many how often there is a Khmer guy in the background.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Plan B wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:45 pm 'Khmer men are for love - Barang men are for money'. Heard this many times.

What is so interesting is how a girl is able to keep their Khmer romantic relationship so quiet from the Barang man they are in a relationship with. Usually all the village know. All their friends know. Even heard of Buddha weddings between a Barang and a Khmer girl where the Khmer husband is in attendance.

Difficulty for Barang is to find out. Would think for many impossible.

It's certainly not in every case. But would surprise many how often there is a Khmer guy in the background.
Never a bad idea to learn the language of your wife as to understand a part of the gossip about you.
work is for people who cant find truffles
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Even if the Barang knows some Khmer, as long as the Barang is kept out of village where the gossip flies, and in the city, no one finds out a thing.

Even happens with Khmer. Girl (or guy) schedules relationships with multiple men. Different time slot for each man. Each believes they are ‘the one’.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:07 am I'm obviously a freak of nature.

I am very happy with my cats, the 7 of us will be single forever :)
yes
Stay classy na
Plan B
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Plan B »

'The Art of War' clearly talks about deception as a key strategy if you want to 'win'.

The fact is that the Barang guy is the last to know often what's the real situation.

Always remember a Barang guy been with ' wife' for more than a year and complaining a Khmer guy following them. He went to guest house owner and expressed his concern. Security approached the Khmer guy and asked about his reasons for following the couple? Khmer guy explained the Barang was with his wife!! He said the money 💰 she was getting was important for their family. He was following to ensure Barang was kept safe from trouble!!!
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Then there is the lies. And the lies swarm. Mama Hospital bill inflated times 10!!!!.

I always remember when a Khmer girl told me they love 'old dumb barang' best. She went on to say ' because they believe the lies no Khmer man ever would'.

To be fair I am sure many guys get treated well by their Khmer girlfriends. Just don't ask me the %.!!!

Almost 6 years of lies into the bottomless pit
Husband ( brother 😤 ) and boyfriend all in on it .
Until he wanted a motorcycle , that’s when it turned into “ business “
From then on I would only pay whatever she “ earned “ into a bank account .
… and from then on business has slowed down .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic