Pets

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ali baba
Expatriate

Re: Pets

Post by ali baba »

I leave my dog with the neighbour who has 2 dogs of their own.
Scarier than malaria.
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

Petsitter wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:00 pm Just wondering how many folks have pets, and if you do, what do you do when you are absent? I'm considering Pet Sitting and Concierge Services for expats.
Curious to get opinions. Thanks
one goldfish
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Alex wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:44 am I misread the title as "Pests" and, seeing that it's mostly about cats, I wasn't far off the mark.
Cats eradicate pests. They certainly keep cat-haters away from me, which is the same thing really.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Cats kill billions of birds each year.
Cats and Birds: A Bad Combination

Outdoor domestic cats are a recognized threat to global biodiversity. Cats have contributed to the extinction of 63 species of birds, mammals, and reptiles in the wild and continue to adversely impact a wide variety of other species, including those at risk of extinction, such as Piping Plover.

The ecological dangers are so critical that the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) lists domestic cats as one of the world’s worst non-native invasive species.
https://abcbirds.org/program/cats-indoo ... and-birds/
Scarier than malaria.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:37 am You do NOT need to bath a cat, it could be very damaging for their skin.
You absolutely need to bath a cat, just once, for the personal experience and entertainment value alone.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

This weekend’s effort was a fail. I put on missus’ apron of cat bathing. The cat saw it and promptly ran and hid until the apron was removed.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@petsitter there are heaps of expats in Cambodia offering pet sitting services, but I'm sure there's room for one more.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:53 am This weekend’s effort was a fail. I put on missus’ apron of cat bathing. The cat saw it and promptly ran and hid until the apron was removed.
Please stop bathing the cat!
Cats clean themselves, they are VEY hygienic. They are NOT like dogs.
Washing the cat will cause all sorts of skin complications. Please please stop doing it!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:46 am
rozzieoz wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:37 am You do NOT need to bath a cat, it could be very damaging for their skin.
You absolutely need to bath a cat, just once, for the personal experience and entertainment value alone.
Only if the cat is covered in gunk and grime that it won't be able to clean itself. I wash cats once when I foster them, but I use tick and flea shampoo and it's mainly to ensure there are no ticks or fleas entering the home.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:32 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:53 am This weekend’s effort was a fail. I put on missus’ apron of cat bathing. The cat saw it and promptly ran and hid until the apron was removed.
Please stop bathing the cat!
Cats clean themselves, they are VEY hygienic. They are NOT like dogs.
Washing the cat will cause all sorts of skin complications. Please please stop doing it!
Indeed. One of the most difficult skin complications comes from the absolute savaging by the cat, when expressing its displeasure at the concept of water based bathing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic